New passion for piloting

Even though I said I don’t like piloting and it is hard for me, but a new passion groing on me.

I am starting to pilot better and even though I crash on the runway most of the time (solo is okay but for some reason I crash on Live), I still start to love it. I started doing long routes in SoCal and I did a Flight in the Carribean and I actually like it!

Also, I am not sure how to do patterns correctly, so I only accept them as an ATC. Any CORRECT ways of making a pattern?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

Why is there no crosswind option when telling pattern on live to ATC. @Lare

I know it is like a circle, but not around the airport, but I don’t know the correct way of doing it

Don’t ask me.

1 Like

2 Likes

Are you landing at over 170 kts? Because you should only be landing at 135-155 kts. Are you lifting the nose on short final? That might explain your frequent crashing.

1 Like

I do those things.

The wrong or right thing?

right. I do it right.

Well, then check the weight, and make sure flaps are full and spoilers are armed, not at flight. Don’t cut the throttle until you know you are safe low enough above the runway. You need to be at 135-155 kts the whole short final until you are about to touchdown.
Can you show me a video or pictures of what happens when you land?

Just a quick example: Cessna 172
Not perfect but should look something like this. Could get more technical as you get more experience. :)

It also might be cus of crosswinds in live that don’t appear in single player

Sorry, I can’t. I started to get better and aš @Rodney_Buckland mentioned, it might be the wind’s fault. Also, I was getting nervous, because I didn’t want to get a violation and stuff.
Thank you @Christian_Glass!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.