New night time feature confirmed by Jason!

Just wanted to tell everyone that there’s something else coming soon! Idk if it’s in 19.1 but so hyped ! image

10 Likes

That’s pretty broad to be honest, could be anything from moon phases to taxiway lights 😐

27 Likes

Probbaly not taxi lights cross that off the list 😂

Don’t we already have moon phases I’m assuming it’s not something boring so probbaly idek 😂

2 Likes

Maybe it’s comets and meteorites

4 Likes

😂😂😂😂😂 hahahahah

Wonder if it’s coming in 19.1

Same 🤔 lol

Maybe it’s a dark mode for the IFC. Or a night light so you don’t have to be alone in the dark in fear of a violation. Or a screaming sound that’s constantly activated during your flight so you don’t fall asleep. Or: It’s Misha singing a lullaby at the beginning of every night time flight.

41 Likes

Hahaha best comment in a long time, but actually I think it is a voice that says “Retard, retard, retard” the whole flight, or just the landing or something

3 Likes

It is not but I shall pass this absolutely terrific idea along to the development team

51 Likes

Northern lights would be sweet !

7 Likes

city lights will encourage more people to do night flights

10 Likes

Perhaps the new feature will be city lights, or some form of lighting at night

5 Likes

This is already a native feature in Discourse, it just requires an admin to turn it on. I can’t really see any reason not to, I guess we need to wait and see if an admin will.

2 Likes

Oh my god I was just thinking ab that!

1 Like

Mabye it’s a 50 40 30 20 10 Butter with you can always go around just so we can relax the pilots then chuck some I love it on short final at night so that your awake

I reckon it’s going to be something to do with immersion at night, so perhaps taxiway lights (blue/green/yellow for hold short bars) or, even better, improved lighting on the ground - perhaps an FSX style lighting texture block? Either way, a very interesting revelation by the team and I can’t wait to see if us night flyers will get some new toys!

3 Likes

I’d be very excited to see some better ground lighting. Whether it’s better airport lighting with taxi lights and approach lighting or some city lights. Either would be amaze!

4 Likes

How’s about don’t cross it off the list because no one knows what it is yet, it could be taxi way lighting it might not. Just wait and see