[New] Live API v2!

Hey everyone!

As you’re probably aware, we are making some changes to Infinite Flight version 20.2, including the removal of display names and the addition of virtual organisation information in the app.

We’ve released a new version of the API to let you build apps on top of this. The new version has been rewritten from scratch but has most of the same features as before, with some improvements.

Changelist:

• Added new username fields to flights and ATC controllers
  • Added a new virtual organization field to flights
  • New user stats API that is a lot cleaner and focused. We’ll be adding a grade table endpoint soon.
  • New authentication method behind-the-scenes.

Things to note:

1. Your old API key will not work. If you want to use the new API, let me know and I will provide you with a new API key.
  2. This API is rate limited. The limit is currently set at 100 requests per minute. Please contact me if this isn’t enough for your service.

New docs!
We’ve written some new docs that are available on our website.

Improvements
We’ll be adding more to the API in the near future and hope to maintain this more regularly.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Looking forward to seeing what you can build with this!

12 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me but in the documentation in the part of:
Get session
get flights
get flight plan
etc…

is giving error “An unexpected error has occurred.” or not yet released?

I think that’s just you, it’s working fine here. Can you see anything in the JavaScript console? (the one in developer tools)

1 Like

Hey everyone, I added an edit:

!!! IMPORTANT !!!

THIS API CURRENTLY ONLY WORKS WITH THE CASUAL AND IFATC v2 SERVERS. THIS WILL BE FIXED WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

Sorry about this, it’s due to server updates we are planning over the next few days to prepare for the release of 20.2. Thank you for your patience!

3 Likes

Hey everyone - this has been fixed, the new API works with all servers now. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Hi cam! I want to ask whether the old api (api1.0) can still be used?

Hey! Yes, we will keep it active for the time being, but I would encourage you to upgrade to the new API when you get a chance. Let me know if you have any questions :)

2 Likes

Nice! I may use api 2.0 and 1.0 at the same time, 2.0 does not seem to have the function of obtaining flight detail (flight path).

Also want to ask, where can I download the livery id list for 20.2? :)

We’ll make it available soon. I’ll look into adding FlightDetails to the new API as well

1 Like