New Job in Aviation

Hi IFC, As many as you knew I worked for a private FBO at KLIT. Well unfortunately, I had to resign as it didn’t match my school schedule, but a friend of mine recently contacted me about his job and asked if I was interested in working part time with him and the company he works for. I had my “interview” today and filled out employment papers today and should be starting soon when my drug test comes back! Here’s a picture of the company and airplane I’ll be working with. Fill free to ask questions below!
PC: Richard Parkhouse

IMG_0413

31 Likes

Wow! That is quite a jump. I assume you already have your multi engine license and commercial license, and since you did how come you weren’t offered any other airline jobs before? With the pilot shortage around the world I would think that you would get more than just one job offer.

7 Likes

its not a pilot job… its a ramp/costumer care job for a contractor that takes care of these airplanes at my airport

10 Likes

Congratulations on the new job! My cousin is a ramp agent for southwest and he loves it, I’m sure you will too👍🏼👍🏼

3 Likes

My brother works for AA. I use to work on the GA side so I’m interested in the Airline side

1 Like

@N1DG: Do you think you will see/have any safety concerns with Allegiant?

2 Likes

Congrats mate! All the best with your future career!

1 Like

Congrats!

I work as an aircraft mechanic for Cristal Air on a private field, but having some miscommunications with the Russian boss, so looking at other placements 🙄

I want to do this kind of job as well… At DUS airport I can‘t do that though because I‘m 17 when I‘m done with school. And when I‘m 18 I have other plans…

1 Like

Honestly NO. I would fly allegiant any day of week if I needed to get somewhere that they needed to serve. They have an all airbus fleet now so what everyone sees on the news isn’t accurate. They only had problems with there md-80 series aircraft. I trust them to take me from point A to point B just like any other career

2 Likes

That’s what I’ve heard too. It seems like they’re improving a ton.

1 Like

I’ll do a trip report on them when I go someplace and tell everyone how I think

2 Likes

I think people to often forget that even if Allegiant is questionable on some things in this industry they are questionable at worst in a group of airlines that have had one death in a decade for U.S. airlines, they are at worst, the worst of the best, I don’t think anyone should be concerned when flying with them, if your choosing a flight based on the record of the airline I would put a lot more stock in delay rates or something…

2 Likes

Hopefully some time in December I’ll be doing a flight on them for free so I can ease everyone’s mind about flying allegiant

1 Like

Starting Thursday! Will give a report of how it went

Allegiant is awesome! It’s pretty much the only real ULCC we have in the States. Spirit, Southwest, Frontier call themselves ULCC/LCC but I’ve never seen anyone come close to their fares.

1 Like

I’m excited to start and do a trip report

You’ll have fun, I flew them from Mesa/Gateway airport to Eugene, OR on a little over 2 hours flight onboard a A320.

Well since I work with them I’ll be doing a lot of these types of trips

1 Like

Got the uniform today!

1 Like