New Job as UAL ramp agent!

Well today was the first official training day for my Full-Time job for United Airlines as a ramp agent! I’m based in San Francisco (KSFO) and will be working mainline.

For me to have this job means a lot to me as I’m hoping to be a pilot for this airline further down in my carrer. I’m so stoked to be able to work along side the engineering marvels!

Sadly, I was only able to grab only 2 ramp-side pictures because I was listening to what my instructor was teaching me, but nonetheless I had a great time living my dream!
20180420_125911
United Airlines 789 being loaded to go to Osaka!

Air New Zealand 77W arriving from Auckland

81 Likes

sounds awesome to be doing

2 Likes

Just edited them lol

This is a job I would like to have in the future to help me in my piloting career. Glad to know you have the job and hope you get some more pics.

5 Likes

Yeah I saw that either after I posted it

1 Like

Me too. Great job! Take more pics soon xD

1 Like

Congratulations @ChefSkittlez! Although there aren’t many replies, I feel I can speak on behalf of the community that we are all excited for you. Seeing that you have a passion and are enthusiastic about what you’re doing is a great thing to have going into your new career.

As they say: If you love what you’re doing, you’ll never work a day in your life.

I know it might sound cliché, but I think it’s true :)

All the best with your new adventure!
-Moosehead :)

5 Likes

Welcome to The Ramp Family (TEAM AA)

1 Like

Where are you stationed?

1 Like

Currently KMYR ( Myrtle Beach, SC) Transferring to DCA soon!

1 Like

Oh lovely. Busy over there?

1 Like

Wow, congrats! Can’t wait to see some pictures later on!

2 Likes

MYR NO about 15 flight on weekends next month 20 a day

1 Like

That’s quite productive. Do you have a swing or morning shift?

1 Like

Air New Zealand 77W what a beauty

2 Likes

Right? I’ll tell you this, those GE90’s sound so much different from 100ft away, outside, than 10ft away inside… both ways sound absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

Well then, hope to see you at KSFO soon. For some reason, my family and I are starting to use that airport more often.

1 Like

It’s a hub that’s why. It also has one of the most scenic departures I’ve ever seen going over the Golden Gate

1 Like

Congratulations on your new job! Being up-close and personal with those big jets has got to be fun. If your goal is to become a carrer pilot, then starting at entry-level is incredibly helpful.

I read Captain Sully’s book “Highest Duty”, and he talks about making a conscious effort to get to know his entire crew (including the flight attendants, rampers, fuelers, and everyone in between). He says he did this because it gave him a better appreciation for the entire operation. He was convinced doing that made him a better pilot and better cabin. The point being, learning a business from the ground up and inside out is so beneficial to anyone, and especially a pilot. Becuase of the work you’re doing, you’ll understand and work better with any crew you’re assigned to down the road.

Enjoy your new job!

1 Like

Congratulations! I imagine you are Incredibly excited to have this job.
Best of luck for the future!

1 Like