New Job as a Line Service Tech

Hello Community,
Tommorow I will be starting my first day as an LST at a Fixed Based Operator (FBO) at LIttle Rock National Airport. While im not going to say who i am employed by, I wanted to make this thread for anyone to ask questions about what I do and what type of things ill be seeing on a daily basis. Ill be updating this thread as much as I can when when interesting things come through the FBO.

Fill free to ask questions and comments below

9 Likes

Can you DM me because I have quite a few questions?

Sure I’ll be more than happy too

Line service tech? Now that’s something I’d really like to do (unfortunately I’m still in HS 🤷🏼‍♂️). I’m currently training as a Marshaller with the Civil Air Patrol, which is only part of what you guys do (I think), and it’s a lot of fun. Enjoy your new job!

3 Likes

Graduate high school, turn 18 and if you have a DL with no criminal record I bet you can get a job there since you have experience

3 Likes

Yeah, if I don’t immidiately go to college, I’ll probably work at a flight line.

1 Like

I’m in college. The FBO I work at has a few college students and they work around there schedule

2 Likes

Lol I forgot about work during college. Ill definitely look into it.

1 Like

Wait, can we get a quick clarification? So you’re doing this while you’re in college, then moving on to LEO like you mentioned eirlier?

1 Like

Yes, im doing this while in college and maybe when im out of college for a bit longer. As far as LEO, idk when that be

1 Like

Nice. Was going to work at the Atlantic Aviation at KPIT but unfortunately Grad school is gonna get in the way of that. Enjoy it.

nice. yah the fbo i work at is good with working with scedules

Congrats on the new job. Can you give us a little bit of insight into what your role will be as a Line Service Tech? Perhaps give us “an average day” (i know there is no such thing as an average day but I hope you know what I mean!)

Also, share pictures!

Today is my first day but I’ll be responsible for fueling, marshalling, towing, lab, baggage handling, really anything that the aircraft needs to service on.

1 Like

I will absolutely try my best too

1 Like

Sounds great! Lots of experience at the sharp end of the business as well! Good luck

1 Like

First day update: got to help fuel a Dc-9 cargo aircraft! And a Radom picture of the atc tower outside my office

2 Likes

Great job! Hope you do well, but…I thought you said you were going to do law enforcement or something like that lol

(I think that was you)

This is just something too do for a bit. Pay the bills and such. I’m still a college student so wanting to do that after

2 Likes