New Innovation Allows New In Flight View

This would be the second best seat in the house!

https://instagram.com/p/BN71nSRhoiS/

13 Likes

Good concept but can’t imagine that’s very aerodynamic

4 Likes

I think that would be like $50,000 a seat:-)

3 Likes

Heck yeah, I’ll bet you’re right about that.

Well, if this becomes reality, us avgeeks will never need IFE again! 😂

4 Likes

That could get boring eventually.

5 Likes

This is like a year old news.

1 Like

I feel like a camera up there hooked up to the IFE (doesn’t the a380 have a tail cam?) would do just fine.

3 Likes

Doesn’t do it justice.

Besides, do you know just how thick that glass would have to be? It’d be great to have a HUD view.

4 Likes

But wouldn’t it cause soo much stress on the structure?

Makes sense from the layman’s point of view. I don’t know enough about the structural integrity aspect to really weigh in there.

I dont have time to copy or paste anything but search for “why jet windows arn’t round” you will see why

I’ll do that! Thanks man

1 Like

I saw that on YouTube. Weird and expensive concept I think, can’t you just look out a window?

3 Likes

I’m perfectly happy with a bulkhead seat and a window, compared to the Etihad apartments, lol. If there’s something to spend money on, someone will spend money on it.

3 Likes

Beats economy

1 Like

To give you an idea the satellite blimp on the back of a long haul jet costs approximately 1% total trip fuel burn. Yes it really is that much! So you can just imagine what the cost of such a gimmick will be!

While the oil price is rising and where cost is king with ticket prices on the floor I don’t see much of an uptake personally.

3 Likes

Someone made an animation of an idea. Whatever. It won’t happen and here’s why:

1. The elevator/staircase takes up an area where several seats could be.
  2. Weight. Between the elevator/stairs and bubble, it would add quite a bit.
  3. Aerodynamics. This thing, no matter how smooth this looks, it adds drag.

All of these add up to make a very easy decision: no way.

5 Likes

It also looks really ugly in my opinion!

And you wouldn’t be able to see out the bubble clearly because it is so curved. Just won’t ever work.

1 Like