New IFAE-GAF Official Thread - Now accepting qualified pilots

GAF has begun Hurricane Releif efforts, bringing cargo for distribution into local areas. Within 10 minutes of dispatch orders, the 9th Air Refueling Squadron had four fully loaded KC10 Extenders in the air to deliver those supplies.

Just another example of the excellence that GAF aims to achieve in all of our missions.

@Sliderkechu @Trevor_A @VVBA6

Super fun flight down with the guys from GAF Atlas Team

Global Air Force Press Release

Joint Base Andrew, Md -

Global Air Force Command has announce the order of twenty seven brand new SOCATA TBM 930s from the Daher company. Of these twenty seven aircraft, eighteen will go to the United States forces to train new pilots, while the remaining nine will go to the Euro Forces.
Officials say that this will be the primary trainer for pilots with in the United States. It also opens new doors and new operational needs.
The SOCATA TBM 930 is a French built single engine turbine aircraft.
Global Air Force is expected to start flying the TBM with in the next week.

Global Air Force Press Release

Praia da Vitória, Terceira Island, Azores-

Global Air Force pilots have picked up the first fleet of their brand new SOCATA TBM 930s. Crews were flown to Tarbes, France, with the help of Executive Jet Charter. Tarbes is home to the factory of SOCATA. Crews picked up the new single engine turbo prop and flew to Praia da Vitória located in the Atlantic Ocean. Crews are spending an evening here before carrying onward to Canada, then finally to Texas where the TBMs will be based at.

Award & Medal Presentation

Today both @AdamCallow & @DadaBull have recieved the Promotion to Flight Lieutenant and have received the GAF RAF Conspicuous Gallentry Medal for the dedication and excellence in their line of Duty and Responsibilitys’ within the Euro Division and their Squadron.

Well done

Signed

MRAF S Paddon
Euro CC

GAF Status of Forces as of 01 October 2018

New changes and requested policy changes made from the GAF climate survey to the 11-1 series is nearly complete with rollout projected by 15 October 18.

To further enhance mission planning for our combat aircraft resources a new 11-Weapons Identification and Specifications (WISP) manual is being built. this will alow planners to identify specific targets and publish their limitations and threat response for combat air operations. This manual will take some time but will absolutely be worth it once completed and put our combat forces in a new spectrum of operations.

Basic training course begin using TBM930 trainers today. Effective from 28 September all new classes will utilize TBM930 aircraft in Undergraduate Pilot Training.

IFAE-GAF 89th Airlift Squadron/President’s squadron will be preparing for the IFVARB summit approaching soon. Plans are to depart Andrews with a fair size delegation to VHHH.

Finally, resources from both GAFAMC and IFPAF have begun to flow much needed relief and aid into areas impacted by the devastating typhoon that slamed the south Pacific. IFPAF forces flew multiple cargo flights into these areas further asisting with the humanitarian mission needs. These missions while humbling further build joint operations mindset and alliance with our partners of IFPAF. Thank you @Wyn2x for your contributions and continued support.

This is current status of GAF Forces.

V/R

Andrew- GAF Secretary of Defense.

Good evening GAF I come to you all this evening in a humble but honored tone. Tonight we pay tribute to an officer that sets the bar over the height of excellence and a commander that has sacrificed time, effort and put hours, days, months of dedication and care into his GAF service. Throughout this organization we grow not only as officers but in my own opinion as a family. We form brotherhoods and sisterhoods we do not see the exterior of everyone here but see the interior and heart where it really matters. Why do I say these acolytes? I say them to recognize one of our own and shine on him the recognition he deserves. Tonight we formally retire friend, brother and most importantly a family member of Global Air Forces. Tonight we honor @SLAM19 It is with great honor and admiration I present this retirement order to Colonel Phelps.

Attention to orders. This is to certify and recognize the distinctive and distinguished career of a fellow officer and commander to Global Air Forces. By order of IFAE-GAF President. Effective 01 October 2018 GAF Higher Headquarters recognizance the retirement from active GAF service of Colonel Ryan Phelps. The talents of Col Phelps will sorely be missed but we honor him by saying thank you for a career of distinguished service and excellence in GAF.

It is my honor and privilege to introduce Colonel Ryan Phelps
(GAF retired)

Godspeed in your future endeavors you will forever be JABBA1

Do you use slack or discord?

IFAE-GAF uses slack for pilot communication.

we have a Discord Server aswell aside from Slack :)

THank you @SLAM19 for your Work, dedication and service for the GAF. you will be well remembered. Sad to see you go though :(

Global Air Force News

HURRICANE MICHAEL

Crews are currently staging for relief operations for Hurricane Michael. Hurricane Michael made land fall on 10 OCT at 1730z. The storm is the third largest storm to make land fall on US soil. Crews from the 9th Air Refueling Squadron, 2nd Air Refueling Squadron, the 71st Rescue Squadron are preparing to fly into the disaster zone when FEMA and the Red Cross gives the thumbs up. This year Global Air Force members have been to several disaster zones around the world.

OPERATION FROZEN GROUND

Global Air Force squadrons from all over the world are making their way to Eastern Europe for the first annual Frozen Ground. Frozen Ground is based off a fictional scenario. This year Global Air Force expects up to 30 pilots from the GAF alone to fly, other organizations have been invited to join.

Four things:

1. How active will I have to be to remain in IFAE-GAF?
  2. How low do you mean by “low vio-to-flight-ratio”? I have over 400 violations because a few years ago I didn’t know/didn’t care about violations, so mine vio-to-landings ratio is bad… unless you’re talking about the past 12 months, in which case it’s low.
  3. Will accessing voice chat ever be a requirement?
  4. The “Launch Global Command Center” button on the website doesn’t seem to be working…

Thanks for asking!

1. We have an active duty and reserve/guard side so it depends on what you are looking for
  2. we do not have a term on that for the GAF, as long as you can get into Expert server.
  3. Yes voice communication will be a requirement
  4. It’s down for MX at the moment sorry!

GAF Forces are growing in the small but strategic nation of Latvia for Exercise Forzen ground. More inbounds projected as things prepare to heat up in the Baltic’s. We are very excited to not only be working side by side with our Euro Forces but to also once again have the IF-USCG participating with us as well, under command by @Charles_Fosbroke. Lookout for GAF and USCG tags over the Baltic’s.

HEAVY MILITARY AIRCRAFT ACTIVITY (TEMPORARY) LOCATION: ESTONIA, LATVIA AND LITHUANIA AIR SPACES. FROM 18/10/18 TO 22/10/18. ACTIVE FROM FL50 TO FL600. CIVIL AND COMMERCIAL AIRCRAFT WILL BE PRESENT IN THE OPERATING ENVELOPE. ALL PILOTS WILL EXERCISE GOOD JUDGEMENT WHEN DEALING WITH NON PARTICIPATING AIRCRAFT AND MAINTAIN SPACING. WARLORD CAN AND WILL CALL KNOCK IT OFF WHEN OPERATING CONDITIONS ARE TOO DEGRADED TO CONTINUE OR UNSAFE CONDITIONS EXSIST. ALL PARTCIPATING AIRMEN WILL FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIVES.

Global Air Force Pilots have arrived to Eastern Europe where this weekend GAF will be hosting “Frozen Ground”

Any Civilian aircraft operating in the Baltic States please be aware of Military operations taking place between 19 OCT - 21 OCT. Please contact the following people for more information.

@Asneed8706 - Global Air Force Secretary of Defense
@markstursy - General of US Forces
@Scott_Ellis_Paddon Minister of Defense Euro Forces
@Leah - Marshal of the Royal Air Force - Europe Forces

Or myself also - Minister of Defense Euro Forces

One of my new toys for IFAE media. Love the 360° pan of the external cameras