[New] Garuda Indonesia Virtual | Official Thread

I can get the owner if you want.

1 Like

Thank you for the information everyone.

1 Like

@Ozzy If I can be of any more assistance please let me know (I’m good with websites and discord and slack) and I would gladly become a staff member in your VA if you require me. (Very good with IT with over 3 years experience)

1 Like

Please message me. 🙃

TUI Virtual ~ A New Partnership:

It is our pleasure tonight to announce that Garuda Indonesia Virtual has entered into a partnership with TuiVA, the virtual counterpart of the world’s largest travel and tourism company, TUI. With this partnership, we will be expanding our route network to include more destinations within Southeast Europe, the Middle East, and Central America, from TUI hubs in the United Kingdom, Germany, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the Nordic region.

Routes Exchanged:

In total, Garuda Indonesia Virtual exchanged 30 routes with TuiVA, expanding the route network for both VAs. You can view all of the routes that have been exchanged in the drop-down menus below.

TUI United Kingdom

‣ EGKK-MMUN - B788
‣ EGKK-KFSB - B789
‣ EGKK-FIMP - B788
‣ EGKK-VCBI - B788
‣ EGKK-MRLB - B788
‣ EGBB-LGRP - B788
‣ EGBB-MKJS - B788
‣ EGCC-VOGO - B788
‣ EGCC-EGPF - B738
‣ EGCC-GMMX - B738

TUI Deutschland

‣ EDDM-LGIR - B738
‣ LFSB-LEPA - B738
‣ EDDF-GCRR - B738
‣ EDDF-HEGN - B738
‣ EDDT-OMBW - B738

TUI Belgium

‣ EBBR-LEIB - B737
‣ LFQQ-LGKO - B738
‣ LFRS-LGKR - B738
‣ EBBR-KMIA - B788
‣ EBBR-CYOW - B738

TUI Netherlands

‣ EHRD-LGRP - B738
‣ EHAM-MUVR - B788
‣ EHAM-TNCA - B788
‣ EHEH-GCLA - B738
‣ EHAM-DTNH - A320

TUI Nordic

‣ ESGG-LCLK - B763
‣ ESSA-LGKR - B738
‣ ESSA-LDPL - B738
‣ ESGG-LDSP - B737
‣ ESSA-LBBG - B738

How This Benefits Our Pilots:

We understand that flying the same livery and in the same region of the world every single time that you fly can eventually get boring, so we like to offer these VA route exchanges to increase pilot engagement within our VA. So after this partnership, our pilots can now fly to new regions of the world, in the beautiful TUI livery, and log it for us, just like you would do with any normal Garuda Indonesia Virtual flight!

3 Likes

Thanks for the routes hope to have a event soon

2 Likes

Me too! It has been great working with you guys.

2 Likes

Introducing the Garuda Indonesia Virtual Air Traffic Control Program:

Today we are very proud to announce the debut of our brand new ATC program, GAVATC. This program allows our pilots to venture into the path of Air Traffic Controlling while representing our VA in all of its glory! Our new ATC Director, @jamie_pharoah, will be leading this new program, so you should contact him if you have any questions.

Key Features:

‣ Pilots that join GAVATC can log the length of their ATC session through our PIREP system. (There is also a 1.5x bonus for controlling on expert server!)
‣ GAVATC members can control for events that are partnered with, or organised by, GAVA, and to give ATC services to pilots that request it.
‣ Gives members the ability to progress through a whole new ranking system exclusively for ATC.
‣ GAVATC members gain access to a private lounge within Slack.

How to Join GAVATC:

If you are already a GAVA pilot, expect a Slack announcement in the coming days where you can sign up through an Airtable form. If you are not already a GAVA pilot, join here today, and talk to our ATC Director after you have entered into our Slack workspace.

After you have applied, expect to be added to a private training channel where you will first complete a written exam. If you achieve 85% or greater on the exam, then you will be allowed to continue on to the next part of the application process: a practical exam (if you do not pass, you will have to wait a week to retake).
Our ATC Director conducts these practical exams by judging your controlling skills on several different key factors, which put all of your ATC knowledge and experience to the test. Then, after passing the practical exam, trainees officially become a GAVATC member, starting at the rank of Junior Air Traffic Controller.

Photo Credit: @Jack_Farrar - GAVA122

1 Like

A New Head of Internal Affairs:

It is our pleasure tonight to formally introduce you to the third and final member of the Garuda Indonesia Virtual Board of Directors, @Helmethead, who will be assuming the position of Head of Internal Affairs! Omar has been with us from the start (4th pilot to join the VA), and in the time since then, he has achieved some great things, such as the Pilot of the Month award, the prestigious Commander rank, and the highest flight time (roughly 1/6 of all the flight time in the VA is accredited to him!). Because of all this, we are super delighted to be giving him this position today to show him how much he means to our VA community.

A Brief Statement From Him:

Hi, I’m Omar (IFC @Helmethead) (not to be confused with AFKLM’s Omar, as many do!). I’m from Kent, just outside of London, UK. I’m normally about skies in Infinite Flight or for real when traveling and joined GAVA in June 2019. Since then I’ve been exploring different routes and regions in Indonesia and across the Skyteam world and I’m looking forward to helping GAVA as much as possible and of course anyone else that needs it as well along the way. Good times.

3 Likes

Thank you very much indeed - it’s a pleasure to be a part of.

1 Like

2019 Garuda Indonesia VA Awards:

Last week, the Garuda Indonesia Virtual Board of Directors launched a new pilot awards project with the simple aim of recognising the hard work, dedication, and passion that all of our pilots have put into our VA throughout 2019. We decided on having 10 available award titles that all VA members are eligible to win, and then to let the pilots vote on who they think is worthy of each award title.

Award Title Winners:

Congratulations to everyone who won an award!

12 Likes

Sent an application! Can’t wait to join this 😄

4 Likes

Fantastic to hear; I will review your application shortly. 🙂

3 Likes

Hi, i would like to confirm that my email address is correct and im still waiting for the next step 😉

3 Likes

We will soon send you an email with the Slack invite @ouzi. Stay tuned!
-Emiel

2 Likes

A New HR Manager…

It is our pleasure today to announce Garuda Indonesia Virtual’s brand new HR Manager, @Sean_McCormack! Seán has been with us since August of last year, and is one of most active members in our Slack workspace. The Board of Directors could not think of a better contender for this position to go to!

A Bit About Seán:

Hello, my name is Seán McCormack. I’m a 15 year old living in Galway, Ireland. I started playing Infinite Flight in late 2018, after I saw a video about it on YouTube. I am delighted to be the new HR Manager for GAVA, and I would like to thank @Ozzy for the opportunity.

Garuda Indonesia Virtual is Hiring:

It is with much sadness that we announce @DhruvChopra’s departure from his position as Pilot Coordinator at Garuda Indonesia Virtual. Dhruv was a founding member, having been with us since we opened almost 8 months ago. In that time, he has become a pillar of our community, with pilots new and old looking up to him. We wish him the best for all his future endeavours outside of our Virtual Airline.

With that being said, we are looking for a new Pilot Coordinator to take the helm of training and helping to improve our pilots, so they can live up to the best of their abilities. If you are interested, please read through the criteria below to ensure that you are a candidate, then press “apply here”.

Criteria:

‣ At least 14 years old.
‣ Grade 3 or above in Infinite Flight.
‣ Able to use the Slack app.
‣ Be in good standing on IFC & with IFVARB.
‣ Active IF Pro subscription.
‣ Not been staff at another VA in the last 90 days.
‣ Be active on Slack for at least 45 minutes a day.

APPLY HERE

Photo Credit: @Sean_McCormack - GAVA004

4 Likes

Congratulation @Sean_McCormack

3 Likes

Thank you 🙏

2 Likes

Looking forward to working with you sir! @Sean_McCormack

2 Likes

Same with you Ozzy!!

2 Likes