[New] Garuda Indonesia Virtual | Official Thread

Welcome to the Garuda Indonesia Virtual Official Thread

image We Are IFVARB Approved!

image | image | image

Meet Garuda Indonesia Virtual.

At Garuda Indonesia Virtual, our team strives to provide the best virtual airline experience for every one of the pilots that steps through our doors. We offer a wide array of aircraft to choose from, which you can fly on any of our 250+ routes, flagship IFC and internal VA events, flash flights, group flights, and much, much more!

Our History:

Midway through May 2019, our CEO, @Ozzy, founded Garuda Indonesia Virtual in an attempt to bring more attention to the Southeast Asia region in Infinite Flight. Since then, Garuda Indonesia Virtual has developed into a small caring community, with frequent group flights, events, and a growing pilot base.

Our Staff Team:

Here at GAVA, we have our staff team split into 2 sectors; the Board of Directors, and Lower Management. Read through the drop down menus below to find out more about each individual staff member.

Board of Directors

Hi, I am Ozzy, and I am the CEO & Founder of Garuda Indonesia Virtual. I have played Infinite Flight on and off since 2013, but only got an online subscription in late 2017, and over the course of that time, I have racked up over 1000 hours and over 700,000 xp. After that, I joined several VA’s and have been flying ever since, and I am super excited to be the CEO of GAVA.

Hello, I am Matt, and I am the COO of GAVA. I started playing IF November 2018. I joined the IFC in January 2019. I joined a few VAs afterward over the past few months as a pilot to understand what it takes to get a VA open & stay running. I became interested in controlling on the expert server shortly after gaining access to fly on the expert server, and I joined IFATC in April 2019.

Hey I am Raphael, and I am a huge aviation fanatic. I am the Head of Internal Affairs here at Garuda Indonesia Virtual, and my job is to validate all of our pilots flight logs, to make sure all of the routes in the VA are kept up to date, and to manage all of the other internal affairs within the VA. I look forward into seeing you in the skies with our shiny callsign, GAVA!

Lower Management

Hi I’m Krish and I am 14 year old teen from India. I have always loved aviation ever since I took my first flight when I was 3 on a B733. Life was good for me but it suddenly it went up like a roller coaster when I first saw Pocket Rishi’s Infinite Flight video. I loved the look of the sim and now I am hooked to it!

Hello, my name is Edoardo Camera, and I’m in charge of Public Relations for GAVA. I’m from Italy and I have played Infinite Flight since 2017. I am currently Grade 3, but very soon to be grade 4. I would like to thank the GAVA staff team for showing trust in me!

Hello, my name is Dhruv Chopra, and I am the Pilot Coordinator for GAVA. I joined IF very recently, earlier this year, and I fly almost everyday. I am based out of India. I am currently Grade 3 and will be Grade 4 very soon. I joined IF when I was looking for a flight simulator app on the app store.

Hello, I am Emiel, and I am the Events Director at Garuda Indonesia Virtual. I am 14 years old and I come from The Netherlands. I came into IF by searching for realistic flight simulators. I watched the Infinite flight promo and bought it. I played the non subscription mode for 2 weeks and after that I really wanted to have the live mode. I tried a month. That month flew by! After that I brought it for 1 year, which is is still on.

We are still hiring an ATC Director! If you are interested in this position, please don’t hesitate to message @Ozzy . Notice: You must be IFATC approved to be accepted into this staff role.

Our Fleet:

At Garuda Indonesia Virtual, we operate several different kinds of aircraft in our mainline fleet, from the small Bombardier CRJ-1000 regional jet, all the way up to the Boeing 777-300ER, the largest twin-engined commercial aircraft. In addition to this, we also operate some extra aircraft types with some of our partner airline’s liveries, which are used exclusively for our codeshare routes.

Mainline Aircraft Route Usage
Bombardier CRJ-1000 Regional
Boeing 737-800 Short Haul
Airbus A330-300 Medium & Long Haul
Boeing 777-300ER Long & Ultra Long Haul
McDonnell Douglas MD-11 Heritage Programme

Our Ranking Structure:

For the Garuda Indonesia Virtual ranking structure, we chose to use a system where pilots fly routes based off of the route type. This system gives pilots to fly a wider variety of aircraft to fly while at the lower ranks.

Rank Hours Required Route Type Unlocked
Cadet 0 hours N/A
Second Officer 0 hours Regional
First Officer 15 hours Short Haul
Sr. First Officer 40 hours Medium Haul
Captain 100 hours Long Haul
Sr. Captain 200 hours Ultra Long Haul & Heritage Routes

Our Routes:

Garuda Indonesia Virtual has an extensive collection of routes & codeshares, so there is never a dull moment for our pilots! Explore the full route database here.

Our Interactive Destinations Map:

Meet SkyTeam.

06%20PM

Explore SkyTeam Virtual

Partnerships:

As of early September 2019, Garuda Indonesia Virtual has partnerships with 2 other Virtual Airlines: Korean Air Virtual & Thai Group Virtual. For our partnerships, we had an exchange of 20 routes for each airline (40 more routes for our pilots to fly).

Are You Ready?

Start your journey with Garuda Indonesia Virtual by reviewing the pilot application criteria below and clicking “apply here”.

Criteria:

‣ At least 12 years old.
‣ Grade 3 or above in Infinite Flight.
‣ Able to use the Slack app.
‣ Be in good standing on IFC & with IFVARB.
‣ One flight every 3 weeks minimum.
‣ Active IF Pro subscription.
‣ Less than 50% Violations:Landings.

APPLY HERE

22 Likes

Amazing new thread

5 Likes

Beautiful new thread.

4 Likes

Yes finally Indonesia, yes to south Eastern Asia, love those islands, would be cool for island hopping flights

4 Likes

Amazing thread guys! Proud to be one of GAVA members

2 Likes

This looks genuinely good, I see this VA going somewhere. Good Luck!

3 Likes

A great looking VA thread :-)

3 Likes

Great looking thread. Proud to be a member of this growing VA!

3 Likes

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words! 😁
-Ozzy

4 Likes

Beautiful thread! Great to have you guys in the sky and as a part of SkyTeam IF!

4 Likes

Amazing new thread! Wish you the best in the future!

4 Likes

A New Website ~ A New Era:

Today, Garuda Indonesia Virtual is unveiling a project that has been in the works for several months: a brand new, state of the art website; which is a much needed update to our previous one. This new website was created to try to redefine what a virtual airline website should look like, with beautiful graphic design and layout, while still maintaining a good level of information available for site visitors.

New Features Included:

‣ In-depth details about our history, staff team, fleet, ranking, destinations, hubs, SkyTeam Virtual, and partner airlines.
‣ An embedded forum, including a VA news + updates blog, and a place for community members to communicate about anything aviation related (off-topic category coming soon).
‣ [Still in Development] A pilots only zone, containing useful links, current weather, charts, etc (basically anything that would be useful to a virtual pilot).

garudavirtualifc.wixsite.com/gava

8 Likes

Absolutely amazing thread guys. Wish you the best of luck and Maybe i’ll consider joining

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words!

2 Likes

Just reminding that there is another gava with same callsign

1 Like

Hello @Mateomaxt,

It has already been brought to my attention previously that another Garuda Indonesia Virtual (which is not IFVARB recognised) is operating within Infinite Flight. My staff and I have discussed this issue with IFVARB back in June, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about them. If you have any further comments on this matter, please private message me.

Regards,
Ozzy - Garuda Indonesia Virtual CEO

2 Likes

@Mateomaxt they decided to close bcs they dont have many pilots and the CEO said they will close permanent

1 Like

The IFFi One?

2 Likes

@Ozzy This it’s that fake Garuda Airline I thought I would send to you so you can deal with it.

THE OWNER IS https://community.infiniteflight.com/u/CaptainTrapBeats

All the Best,
ThePlaneFlyer

Garuda Indonesia VA

1 Like

Yes,the IFFI one

1 Like