New Flap sounds

I like the concept, but what does it sound like in a cockpit?

Very similar it’s just a different part of the plane

1 Like

You cannot hear the flaps deploy in the cockpit of an airliner, only thing you’ll hear is the rumble from the drag.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a deep growl sound if u will

Voting never hurts :)
You got mine friend.

2 Likes

Wow the A320 sounds so familiar to me. I’m flying the A320fam way more often than the B737 irl and it’s always a bit weird for me to hear the A320‘s sound in IF. I would really like this feature being added with a whole sound overhaul!
(I know sounds are expensive and hard to record and add and it’s unlikely to see it in the near future but I will hope…xD)

2 Likes

Well I would prefer new engines sounds rather than this.

3 Likes

Different aircrafts have different flap sounds. For this feature to be confirmed, we need a whole bunch of flap sounds for aircrafts to increase realism.

I support this though.

3 Likes

I support this but apparently accurate sounds are hard to get their hands on. They would certainly be a game changer though.

1 Like

This would only work with planes like the CRJ which have interior views

No, you can hear the flap sound on almost every plane with a cockpit view in IF.

Ik i mean a CABIN view

Which isn’t realistic. You shouldn’t be able to hear the flaps unless you’re flying something like a C172

2 Likes

The flap sounds of the F-16, F-14, F-22 and the F/A-18 should be as same as the updated A-10. They might come when they are remodeled.

We need this! The realism of the simulator would be greatly increased! :)

2 Likes

Some people already said that there are no way you can hear flap extending sounds from cockpit. So they should get rid of the flap sound if the it’s CP/FO view and only allows to hear if you are in cabin view of it want to be real. BUT how do we know if the flap is extended when you flying non live cockpit.

This would be a nice addition! Too bad it wasn’t added on the 777 or 757 as it is quite loud on those.
Also would be cool if Spoiler noises were added, I know on the 777 and 787 they are very loud.

Love this idea!!

You look at the ui or look at the flap leaver or go to outside view may ways to tell if your flaps are down or not

Truly needed on the A320 . Its sound is amazing

1 Like