New FAA drone regulation

I’m not so sure about this. It seems that having a system like this at every airport could total up to a pretty high price.
It seems more practical to simply install no-fly-zone boundaries in the software inside drones with GPS, similar to DJI’s current system built into all of their drones.
But if the drone isn’t large enough to have a GPS, then how would the system shoot down such a small and unpredictable target in the first place? It might be possible with some type of guided bullet/missile, but a rubber bullet? Nah.
But the electronic-whatever weapon system seems interesting… as long as you’re not damaging normal airplanes in the process. :)

3 Likes

Some sort of RC Jammer would be perfect

1 Like

See now, how would that affect communications and navigation systems on different aircraft?

Theyre probably at a different frequency

I understand, but if people actually want to harm the airport in any way, they’re going to pick something a little more complex than a $10 RC drone from Walmart to do the job. If it was an actual attack (maybe 5-10 years from now), I’d assume they’d use some kind of complex autonomous drone that requires no ground communication to complete its task.

I don’t know, I probably don’t know anything about the things I’m talking about, so you guys are probably right. :)

1 Like

ISIS uses DJI drones and attached Mortors on them lol

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.