New destinations for Air Belgium!

After the end of the flights to Hong-Kong, Air Belgium had to do some ACMI flights. But now, the airline has announced to make flights to Guadeloupe and Martinique (two weekly flights) from 7th December 2019. The reason of these flights to these destinations is that there aren’t direct flights to these islands whereas Belgians want to go there more and more.
Air Belgium has also planned to make flights to Africa, especially in DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo). Their goal is overtaking Brussels Airlines in Africa by making two flights per week to Kinshasa. If they can do it, they’ll go to Goma as well.
Last destinations for Air Belgium are Miami and China but we don’t know when the airline will land at these destinations.

Credit

Sorry, these articles are in French

8 Likes

Glad to hear! I usually see them flying in Warsaw towards New York everyday. It’s such a beautiful livery and love Airbus A340’s. I wish the Belgian career a better future.

2 Likes

Hopefully they do much better this time!

1 Like

I hope so too!

I want to see them expand, they look really good.

1 Like

Great to hear Air Belgium is starting to compete.

1 Like

I don’t think they are competing with Brussels Airlines and other airlines.
According to Wikipedia, they only have 4 A340 in their fleet and their website isn’t even working.
They still have a lot to do to start competing. Although, it’s nice to see they are expanding.

1 Like

I know, but they’re are soon getting there. But they have some work to be done, not some. I mean alot!

1 Like

If you compare Brussels Airlines and Air Belgium, I personally don’t think they will compete just yet. If you ask to a Belgian if they know ‘Air Belgium’, 25% of the people don’t know they exist. They still have to make a name, and expand their fleet. Still a lot of work to do to compete with other airlines such as Brussels Airlines.

1 Like

Ok, what did I say. “But they have some work to be done, not some. I mean alot!”

1 Like

You also said: “They are soon getting there.”
I don’t think soon is the right word. I think they’ll start competing in 5-10 years, when they really start expanding their fleet.

1 Like

I could agree, they just started and airlines cant just competing that quickly.

1 Like

Indeed, they started at 2016, however, they only had their AOC in 2018.

1 Like

Hey, don’t forget about WOW Air commencing operations in 2012, expanding into the United States rapidly four years later, and giving literal fear to airlines like Icelandair, and caused them to rapidly expand at the same time, which in turn led to the Iceland Tourism bubble burst after the WOW bankruptcy.

1 Like

Yeah, that is correct. It’s a big risk, Westjet was expanding fast, but stopped.

1 Like

You’re right. Belgians have probably heard of Air Belgium once (when Air Belgium was founded) but I don’t know why the airline didn’t want to fly their planes from Brussels and preferred Charleroi.

Good to see them expanding

1 Like

Charleroi is less expensive, for a startup airline it’s better. It’s also a smaller airport so is more comfortable (for the passengers) than Zaventem.

1 Like

Yeah however there are a lot of strikes in Belgium.

Strikes… Like ‘Bird Strikes’?