New Delhi to Phuket in 10 replay screenshots

╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╮

INDIA TO THAILAND

I’m taking this 29 year old McDonnell Douglas MD-11 back to its original routes with a Thai Airways passenger flight across some lovely landscape today, repainting it in that fabulous purple and gold livery for this flight. Our route today saw us cruising over India through the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman Sea and into Thailand finding Phuket International. It was windy out there - 115kts north easterly winds over India and quite bumpy over the bays and water.

HS-TMD is still flying today but as a converted freighter for UPS United Parcel Service (N258UP). It’s nice to see this old bird still out and about. It’s done a few miles in its time and looks to still be in constant use, around America and especially Kentucky and surrounding states, those 3 General Electric CF6s spinning away like they first did in 1991, when it was delivered to serve Thai Airways.

For now, let’s repaint it back into the UPS colours and hand it back to the current owners. That was an expensive repaint for the sake of one flight, but hey, it was worth it!

Departure: VIDP (Indira Gandhi International Airport, New Delhi, India).
Arrival: VTSP (Phuket International Airport, Phuket, Thailand).
Flight time: 3 hours 53 minutes.
Server: Expert.

Notes: As always, no hard editing was done to the photos, just some personal preference slight changes to the light and contrast and working with what is available – nothing fake added or taken away.

Good times

-Departure

-India

-India

-India

-India

-Andaman and Nicobar Islands

-Coast of Thailand

-Phuket

25 Likes

I come to one of your threads, and I’m always impressed. Great job like always,@Helmethead!

1 Like

the scenery man
already the cities were amazing so the pictures were spectacular

never stop with those scenery pics!!!

2 Likes

Awesome as always!!! 👏

1 Like

Thank you sirs.

1 Like

A little over edit, look like you used contrast. Otherwise, look great.

1 Like