New Climb/Descent Commands

well for the SID/STAR part we better have all the waypoints in the navigation database and keep them up to date with the aircn cycle

1 Like

There’s another request which I haven’t voted on yet which has to do with SID/STAR implementation. I haven’t been able to get it on screen recording quite yet, but for example when the ROBUC3/KRANN3 (its kind of a combo cause it’s missing waypoints) STAR is flown by the numbers at KBOS, any number of aircraft can be stacked up onto the STAR/ILS and as the lead aircraft touches down, the following aircraft will be in order
-at the marker
-intercepting the G/S
-Intercepting the LOC
-Leaving the last STAR waypoint to the ILS
-Spaced out along the STAR waypoints.

This is a beautiful thing to both see and do in IF! At virtualBlue, we pride ourselves on flying as realistically as possible and by the numbers. I think with proper training and tutorials, many more IF pilots will be able to do the same!

They’re working on rolling things out with pushable Nav updates, but at my VA we’ve been able to use older procedures. If there’s anything in the US you may need help with feel free to DM me!

1 Like

@tomthetank. Info:@FBWFTW MaxSez: Tom had to jump in, apparently your one of a few who recognize “Expert Server” is a misnomer. There may be a “few” aviators flying that route who understand how ATC works. Few so called “IF experts” really understand the SID/STAR concept let alone how to read a Plate etc. . FDS has been successful utilizing the ATC KISS System this far. Introducing advance Nav & ATC concepts to the FDS ATC System will leave a majority of members (wannabe’s/Sport Pilots) at the gate. Sure would like the Duty experts who jot here to consider the “whole” problem not just there pet bright idea,. Regards All…

1 Like

In that case, why even call the expert server “expert” and not the “for people who don’t break the rules AS MUCH server” ???

No kidding it would take a bit to teach people but isn’t it better to learn? Then the “whole” problem becomes a matter of education for IF pilots.

MaxSez:Your typically myopic @FBWFTW. This Topic has nothing to do with a mis-identified server and those who use it young fella. As I said not some pet project the whole IF Learning Enviornment must be considered. Want my full take on this issue meet me on PM. Regards

1 Like

Technically, this would not matter. To some pilots away from the forum and the Infinite Flight Tutorials page, this is still a “game” to them. Especially with some grade 4-5 pilots who are below 9, teaching them a SID or STAR Chart to follow the operating procedures for decent or climb, I would assume they wouldn’t be interested.

1 Like

Cool request, mate. I will say though, after only an hour in the tower this evening on Expert server, I would say that roughly 40% of the pilots calling inbound even knew how to apply pattern instructions: “enter left downwind runway 10…” Two minutes later they’re on right downwind… I think education is the key here, but how to mandate that is the challenge. Not everyone flying on expert server is even here on the forum. It would be an interesting feature for some, but would cause more confusion for many others, in my opinion.

1 Like

Agreed… How to get the teaching out and mandate it in practice would be the key. Perhaps another server down the line when the growth is there to sustain it.

I’m presuming those here know what SID/STAR/ILS’ are But in case you didn’t:

There is no point in this debate, as this kind of thing is up to FDS, not us. All you should do is show your support for the feature request and vote if you wish.

1 Like