New Cessna 172 specs?

Hi all, just checking to see if anyone has info on whether or not the performance of the Cessna 172 has changed? I thought it was pretty peppy when global came out, now I’m sitting down to play with climb rates and, as far as I can tell, the plane behaves radically differently between solo and live modes. Specifically, on live I can cruise on up to say 11,000ft at 500 ft/min at 110kts indicated with the throttle less than full, with a full fuel load. I go on solo and time after time I stall trying to do that, which makes sense. At that climb rate I stall around 8,000ft on solo, and you’re hard pressed to get much over 10,000 ft without being super gradual or leveling off periodically, just as it always was before global. Anybody know what’s the deal? Am I missing something? Not a problem, I’m just confused…

3 Likes

The wind is the most likely cause for this. The wind in solo is up to you and you could do that with the right settings.

2 Likes

Fair guess, but I don’t see it, I’ve spent quite some time messing with this. I’d issue a challenge to try and replicate it yourself but I can already tell you it’s time-consuming lol. I can just bulldoze up to the 172’s ceiling at 500 ft/min with heavy tailwinds. Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

1 Like

I doubt they would have changed the physics of the 172 without telling us, and particularly if they just changed it between servers. I might try it out later today, but I think it’s more likely the conditions/temperatures that you’re flying in. Remember that even in IF, the temperature affects performance!

1 Like

Temps! Of course, it’s a density altitude thing, I’m way up north. You’re 100% right, thanks, end of topic :)

2 Likes

Haha great! Was wondering what the difference was…

1 Like

Yeah, odds were that something was wrong with my logic rather than the sim, you nailed it, makes perfect sense. I wonder what the ceiling actually is when I’m this far north…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.