New Camera, New Database @EIDW 26/07/20

I recently dug out the old Canon 500D and traveled down to Dublin International Airport for some spotting with the new camera. I have also chosen to start a new database of aircraft alongside the new camera. I managed to get my first 29 aircraft from 9am-11am local time. Here are some of my favourite catches from the 2 hours!

Firstly I have a newly delivered Aer Lingus A330-300 EI-EIK heading straight to storage in Cuidad Real in Spain. There is a Simple Flying article covering the matter on their website.

Next up we have a Croatia Airlines A319 with the registration 9A-CTL coming from Zagreb.

A Ryanair 737-800 (I got 11 of these bad boys so I’ll only show you one more after this lol) EI-DCH has a special sticker on it. I looked it up and it has something to do with Gdansk airport as it was titled Pomorskie Seaside Story-Gdansk Airport.

Next up we have an American Airlines B787-8 N819AN heading across the pond to Dallas with the beautiful T2 at EIDW in the background.

The next aircraft is the baby of the Aer Lingus fleet an ATR42-600 operated by Stobart as Aer Lingus Regional. There is only one ATR42 in the fleet and is the smallest aircraft in the fleet. EI-GEV was arriving from Carrickfinn airport in Donegal. Aer Lingus has recently announced six new routes from Belfast to Edinburgh, Manchester, Exeter, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford and Birmingham. These routes will be operated with the ATR72-600 type. The routes were up for grabs after the collapse of FlyBe and there is also a Simple Flying article on these new routes.

A Very special SAS A319 OY-KBO in the amazing retro livery!

A Ryanair 737-800 EI-EMH with one of my favourite shots of the day as the landing gear is being raised. Just a shame it had to be a Ryanair haha

An Etihad B787-9 A6-BNC arriving in from Abu Dhabi in one of my personal favourite liveries!

Our Second to last aircraft of the topic is a Swiss A220-300 HB-JCI arriving from Geneva.

Our last aircraft of the topic today is a beautiful private Gulfstream G650 G-GSVI from Executive Jet Charter on the final approach onto runway 28 at Dublin with the lovely Irish weather in the background!

Let me know which was your favourite and be sure to leave any tips below in regards to the camera usage below!

I would like to give an honorable mention to EI-LRC an Aer Lingus A321neoLR, YR-BMQ a Blue Air B737-800 and a United B787-10 N14001.

If you would like to see the ATR72 added to Infinite flight feel free to vote in the topic below:

39 Likes

Amazing shots! I love the Swiss A220.

I wish you threw the UA 78X in there though 😂.

1 Like

Nice photos! Didn’t know you got the AA 788

1 Like

I would have if only I could do more than 10 photos haha. But it was departing so it wasn’t as exciting as the arrivals photos.

1 Like

The 787-9 usually serves the Dallas route but the 787-8 has started to be used recently

1 Like

Beautiful pictures you took there!

1 Like

This is something for @Frank_Cullimore

2 Likes

Thanks @ZinZowe appreciate it!

How come? you have intrigued me haha

1 Like

If this is your first time spotting, you have serious potential. Keep it up.

1 Like

I’ve gone a few times before but I’ve only had an iPhone in my hand. First time with a proper camera but I certainly enjoyed it thanks for the support 🙏 😊

1 Like

Those are some awesome shots! I especially like the AA 788 :)

1 Like

Uhhhhhhhm English 🤪

1 Like

Is that better for you Mama JuJu 🤪 @Marc_Gallagher

1 Like

Well since you asked 🤪

1 Like

Want me to flag you as off topic? 😂🤪 Worse than an English teacher 🤓

1 Like

Love the AA shot 🤩

1 Like

Thanks @twig and @Suhas ❤️