New Boeing hypersonic concept

20-30 years away… ehhhhhh come on guys. No way it’s gonna take that long! Concorde was around 20 years ago!

5 Likes

I thought supersonic Jets were harmful to the environment lol.

1 Like

Well, I do know they can’t go supersonic unless they’re over an ocean because the sonic boom causes damage to windows and people’s ears.

4 Likes

Everything is harmful for the environment lol

5 Likes

That’s good but i saw it on a documentary that the supersonic boom could do significant damage to the ozone layer in the long run

1 Like

Erm… I’ve never heard of that.

2 Likes

Perhaps u should watch discovery channel more often 😂😂😂

2 Likes

Well, according to this site, it’s pretty safe. Idk the reputability of it, but you know 🤷🏼‍♂️

3 Likes

Don’t see anything about it harming the ozone layer

Let’s just hope it doesn’t!🙏🏽

Pretty sure it doesn’t

3 Likes

I mean, airplanes have been around for almost 100 years (don’t kill me if I’m wrong), and everything looks fine to me 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 Likes

If it did I highly doubt world militarizes would allow supersonic flight too lol

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call this new, been in the talks for a while. Right now fuel efficiency to make 20,000km flights economical is first, then we can talk about faster planes.

1 Like

The book from breaking the sound barrier will not hurt you unless you are in close proximity. Same with windows and glass etc. idk what the proximity is, but it’s closer than you’d imagine. I’ve been lucky enough to witness multiple fighters breaking the sound barrier.

As for the whole environment thing… never heard of that, and Idk how the physics of that would work

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.