New blog feature for releases

Hello, aviators!

Today Cameron and I pushed some changes to the blog. Sometimes the coolest ideas are just general thoughts in our Slack team. This week Regan wondered out loud if we could have a map that would be a visual representation of the new 3D airports that are being added at release time. I said, “yes let’s do this.” So we did.

You can see it in action on our most recent article and there’s a toggle for an always-up-to-date full list of global 3D airports. Hope you enjoy!

PS if you haven’t already, switch our blog to dark mode you savage 😂

61 Likes

Dark mode for the win, first, and always! Good stuff Team!

6 Likes

We’re all getting bigger and bigger! A team, a community, unique!

Looking sharp! Is there a version of the map that includes all of the airports with 3D features? It would be amazing to see how widespread the airport selection is.

1 Like

If you go to the link and click the slider that says “Show all available 3D airports,” I believe you’ll see what you’re looking for.

2 Likes

Brilliant idea! I was, as a matter of fact, thinking THIS MORNING wouldn’t it be nice to have a map of the 3D airports!

1 Like

Check out the selector in the blue box ;)

2 Likes

Nice feature! Can’t wait till that map is full of red dots ;)

2 Likes

That’s updog

1 Like

Its a good idea! Most of the ICAO codes around the world mean nothing to me, so just having a quick way to spot what country the airports are in is a plus.

The new airports are clearly now defining the most popular routes being flown, so seeing them graphically laid out on the map makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

What’s updog?

2 Likes

Oh no, oh no no no.

Someone had to

2 Likes

Did some say ‘great visual representation of the good airport spread we have so far?’ Oh they did? Awesome.

7 Likes

** Light theme intensifies **

8 Likes

Love this idea.

Dark mode is 100% better than light mode.

1 Like

27 Likes

Don’t listen to the other staff. They’re either blind or colourblind. Light theme forever 🔥

9 Likes

Is there an option to ban Misha and Kirito Cam?

2 Likes

I really love this feature! Very useful as well! Great work ;)

1 Like