New Beijing-Daxing Airport!

So I heard Beijing is opening up it’s new secondary airport by either September or October, so I can’t wait to see how it’d look like on Infinite Flight🤣 I thought they’d close the old airport down, but seems like that’s not happening anytime soon. Has anyone seen the new airport online, and what are your thoughts about it? I gotta admit though, the new airport in Istanbul seems way more dope than this one. (I was in Istanbul in July, and it was an amazing airport, lots of big screens and everything was clean and just modern, so I don’t regret they closed Atatürk) :)

1 Like

The IFAET will most likely add it once they get updated satellite images from google. It’s not currently in IF and they will most likely keep it like they did with Kai Tak. Since the airports ICAO code is ZBAD let’s just hope it’s not bad.

5 Likes

Ah, nice! I’m not so sure how many runways it’ll have at launch, I believe it was 2. They only have a handful airlines on board, which is pretty crazy for an airport that big haha.

Nope, it has 4 runways, whoa.

1 Like

It’s actually got 4 runways which means it will not see many delays for departures and arrivals.

01L/19R 3,400 11,155 Concrete
17L/35R 3,800 12,467 Concrete
17R/35L 3,800 12,467 Concrete
11L/29R 3,800 12,467 Concrete

Source is Wikipedia

1 Like

And they’re actually pretty long. That’s impressive…

I heard about it in Chinese social media before. Now its airport charts are out and I think IFAET would probably add it. This is a great airport 😉

2 Likes

Yeah, the name was actually announced last year and I do like it. Just need to figure out what it means haha.

This is what it means but it might be wrong.

Daxing ’ is a neutral activity, neither good nor bad. Overnight data on lying and bragging.

1 Like

What the…? Cool name then :)

Well I can speak Chinese so I can do the translation. Da means big, and Xing means either revolution or thrive. Da Xing is named after its located district name, which kind of an old district in Beijing. I don’t live in Beijing, so I don’t know they why they named the district Da Xing. I can probably do a search for that in Chinese 😄

2 Likes

BIG REVOLUTION INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT haha

1 Like

Yeah. It replaces the old Nanyuan airport in Beijing which is one of the oldest, probably even the oldest airport in China. Basically like the relationship of Shanghai Hongqiao and Shanghai Pudong.

1 Like

Interesting. Beijing capital has served China well. Daxing would probably replace it, I hope so :)

1 Like

Yeah I hope so too. Beijing Capital is old. It’s gonna be a relief to ZBAA at first, but according to the campaign, it’s gonna build 6 runways and become the biggest airport in China. Well, ZSPD(Shanghai Pudong) will move down to second place lol 😂

1 Like

I won’t be surprised 😌🤣

But, Shanghai is bigger than Beijing. This is a fact lol 😂 We have more people than Beijing.

1 Like

Daxing is the name of a district in Beijing lol

Lol 😂😂 I did not see that one coming…

Anyways…

I look forward to seeing this airport both IRL and in IF. I do hope they keep ZBAA like they kept VHXX!

1 Like

ZBAA won’t become another VHXX. It will continue to be used, just like ZSSS and ZSPD.
I have actually seen ZBAD earlier this year on a flight from Wuhan.

1 Like