New ATIS Menu: Expect Possible Diversions due to:

New ATIS Menu: Diversions

Hey Everyone! My feature request for today is that there can be a new ATIS Menu added to allow for easier communication and to allow pilots to plan ahead and prepare for a diversion in case of weather, traffic or airport gates.

How this will work:

There will be 3 option for a diversion menu, with the options being Weather, Traffic and Airport Gate Availability.

Weather

Weather will work when activated, and added to ATIS saying “Expect possible Diversion, weather is poor for inbounds” or similar.

Traffic

Traffic will work when there are too many aircraft inbound that ATC can not allow more aircraft inbound at the moment, which alerts pilots prior to takeoff that they should plan to divert elsewhere. Example: “Traffic Levels are High, Arrival to another airport is recommended, or you may expect possible diversions”

Gates

A lot of airports like SJC, YTZ, etc do not have as many gates as some of the major airports, and if too many aircraft are at gates on ground or in air, there may be diversions needed due to the amount of gates available.
Example: “Available Gates Low, expect possible diversions.”

Conclusion

I see that this will help ATC a bit when ordering diversions and possibly reduce load on ATC as more people will have already prepared for a Diversion while reading D-ATIS.

Sounds interesting.

2 Likes

Not a bad idea. The weather aspect is pilot dependent though. It’s the pilots responsibility if their aircraft is able to handle the weather at the arrival or departure airport. The pilots would have to tell Atc that they must divert due to weather.

3 Likes

I’m a fan of this idea, but ATIS will read like War and Peace.

4 Likes

That sounds pretty good, I liked it!

1 Like

This actually sounds pretty cool. I’m a big fan of it.

2 Likes

Ahaha. It’s gonna be fun listening to ATIS for 5 minutes.

Thanks for the support guys!

3 Likes

True, but it would still be a nice feature so pilots don’t overestimate or ATC knows they can’t accept it.

1 Like

Ok, I’m on board with this idea. I’ll give it a vote

1 Like

Thanks for your support!

This is a Great Idea! Especially after what we saw at Tahiti Today. I’ll see if I can free up a vote.

1 Like

I love this idea! In addition, recommended diversion airports can be added. I know there’s a thread for this.

2 Likes

Great idea! I voted!

1 Like

Thanks for the support guys!

1 Like

Really good idea! Sometimes it fills up and we have to deny inbound aircraft because they don’t know the airport is too crowded. With this, they can tune into ATIS and can divert themselves thus improving our efficiency instead of denying aircraft one by one and losing track of our work… 👍🏻

Voted!

1 Like

I can back this. Incredibly useful given new D-ATIS. People can plan a flight knowing they’ll have a likely diversion and therefore pack more fuel than anticipated.

1 Like

Happy birthday.

2 Likes

Beep, boop, bump! Still a lovely feature and would love to see this, would be very useful during FNF :))

Cool idea… realism increases!

1 Like

I like this idea. It adds a nice sense of realism, and also gives pilots a good heads-up that’ll surely be appreciated!

1 Like