New ATC Message

Now, I like to believed that Infinite Flight is a ‘simulator’ as opposed to a ‘game’. With this in mind, I think that it’s good that many of us try to make things as realistic as possile given what we have to use.

However, not everyone does. One of my personal irritations comes from the incorrect use of lights. Now I’m aware that there are already various posts about the correct use of aircraft lights but I have a way that it can be taken further while adding a little touch of realism.

When watching/listening to ATC videos, every now and then I hear the controller (ground controller, to be more specific) remind an aircraft to turn off their strobes and/or landing lights - more often the strobes though, as they are much less obvious from the cockpit - as they can be distracting, irritating and sometimes dangerous if viewed at close range.

I’ve done a little bit of controlling myself recently in IF and it suddenly becomes blindingly obvious just how many people missuse their strobes, both on TS and Expert

Observed as a pilot, I’m not qualified to control on Expert

So… what if we had a way of ‘slapping the wrists’ of these pilots? Something along the lines of:

“N1TG, please turn off your strobes” or
“N1MD, please turn off your landing lights”

Just some food for thought.

1 Like

Is this a request @A_Hippopotamus??

1 Like

Technically, yes. Couldn’t decide whether to put it in features or ATC

1 Like

Unfortunatelly in order to post in the #live:va, #live:events, #features and #real-world-aviation categories, you must be Trust Level 2 (TL2).

Keep reading, posting, liking, and following the guidelines and you’ll get there in no time! Also, be sure to search for any similar existing posts before making your own, in order to avoid making a duplicate topic.

Below are some helpful links to get you started. This includes some information regarding trust levels and more importantly the how this forum works. We ask that you please take a look through this important material and understand these posts. A lot of hard works was put into these topics for new members like you. We hope you enjoy your experience here with us. Please don’t hesitate to message a moderator if you have any questions. And last but not least, have fun! Thanks the help and understanding!

What do user trust levels do

A beginners guide to the forums

Welcome to the infinite flight community

General forum guidelines

1 Like