New app: Infinite Flight Military version

This new app should be solely dedicated to military aircraft, fighters, fighter bombers, bombers, cargo etc…
Three game modes could be available: Solo and Live (like the ones we have now), and a Campaign mode (maybe part of the Battle of Britain).
Aircraft would be limited to iconical ones, for example:

1. A-36 Apache.
  2. Bf 109E-4.
  3. Bf 109G-6.
  4. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I
  5. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.VIII.
  6. Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX.
  7. Focke Wulf Fw 190A-8.
  8. Focke Wulf Fw 190D-9.
  9. Curtiss P-40 “Warhawk”.
  10. North American P-51B.
  11. North American P-51D
  12. Republic P-47 Thunderbolt.
  13. Lockheed P-38G Lighning.
  14. Boeing B-17G “Flying Fortress”.
  15. Consolidated B-24D “Liberator”.
  16. Messerschmitt Me 262A-1a.
  17. Gloster Metero F.3,
  18. Mig 17 “Fresco”.
  19. Mig 19 “Farmer”.
  20. Mig 21 “Fishbed”.
  21. North American F-86F-30.
  22. Lockheed P-80B.
  23. Dassault Mirage III.
  24. McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II.
  25. General Dynamics F-16 “Fighting Falcon”.
  26. McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 “Hornet”.
  27. Lockheed Martin F-22 “Raptor”.
  28. Lockheed C-5 “Galaxy”.
  29. Boeing C-17 “Globemaster III”.
  30. Lockheed C-130 “Hercules”.

A new app under the FDS logo dedicated solely to military aircraft isn´t a priority as of now, but it would be nice to have it in mind.

11 Likes

Lets not turn this into X-Plane where they had like 5 apps, each dedicated to a particular category of aircraft.

17 Likes

Think they would be better off adding some of these aircraft to the current version opposed to dedicating a whole Sim to mil aircraft.

P51,C130 & a B52 would be my picks to add

6 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

12 Likes

Wouldn’t it be better if they just keep adding to Infinite flight and maybe add a Military Aircaft section?

4 Likes

Keep it in IF.

I suggested a new app because it could have campaigns, in which to use some of the aircraft above, whether they´re against an AI or other players.
Of course, it isn´t top priority.

1 Like

Infinite Fight is supposed to be a simulator, not a game. :)

6 Likes

Is that the reason of why the missions for the Spitfire were eliminated?

That´s why I propose another app, to have campaigns.

1 Like

It was for the Space Shuttle. Anyway, yeah, that’s probably the reason why. :)

1 Like

You have to admit it was nice, bought every single one and did lan parties with my friends on it.

To be honest, not really. I was more a fan of Xplane4HDEF which was their main app that had all of their planes, and it took advantage of iPhones new retina display at the time so graphics looked immaculate (at the time). The only reason I liked the smaller apps were because of the specialized missions. It just gets more complicated with separated apps. But thats just me.

1 Like

I wish apple never removed the ability to download purchased apps that are removed from App Store. I really want the x-plane app back for fun. I have 2 of them on my mom ipad

2 Likes

A very nice idea though i can’t and will never upvote it…reason…
1.FDS as everyone knows is a very **small team.**They haven’t even yet perfected IF!why should they increase their workload if even 1/2 the planes are not yet the Dash 8…standards.They still have a long way to go
2.if incase they still have to do it they better just invest it in IF we don’t need their attention diverted to something else the same reason i downvote the PC version.i just feel they might focus more on other staff and forget the mobile version

1 Like

That’s why it isn’t of a high priority. It might as well not even be considered and we may have more military aircraft added in the future.

The worst idea I’ve ever seen on this forum

Sometime they’ll fix up the C-17 Globemaster III and add the C-5 Galaxy.

3 Likes

Don’t forget about the F-18, that one needs a revamp too.

Infact not just the F18 but all…they also need to double or even triple their rate of revamping aircrafts…i feel its too slow compared to the number of planes that need ravamping bearing in mind we only have 3-4 updates a year meaning roughly four revamped to > dash standards planes a year…yeah i know…a little bit off topic :p

I think the devs should spend their time in the normal IF to keep it being the best sim for mobile devices…