New Airport & Navigation Update

I have been reeling from the sheer volume of airports needing catalogged. The team have been doing a fantastic job. It is my privilege to be working with these guys.

I am very happy to be a part of the team even if I don’t have yet a lot of airports in my logbook.

I really thought I.F. was going for higher realism. Seems to me that Terminal Buildings are most definiately really important in that aspect. So why is I.F. implementing this (counterintuitive) policy.

Best Regards,

Lambert

We’ve been told by FDS that they will eventually add buildings. All this time we’ve been drawing their shapes using taxiways, which it was wrong the whole time, since we’re using the wrong tool.

They’re not making us to follow a “counterintuitive” policy, they told us to use the editing tools for their real purposes.

Oh well didn’t know that new requirement (which shouldn’t be)…still you did a great job while redoing SKBO, thank you very much, and keep it up in Colombian airports, there are some important ones missing and we really need them!!! Again, really appreciate your all your effort!!!

We’ve been told to stop adding buildings using the Taxiway tool…because the tool is only for taxiways, so basically we’ve been doing things the wrong way. FDS told us to stop doing them (expect hangars which are added using concrete) because they will eventually add them.

De nada :)

Ah ok , understand , you did not have the right tool to create Terminal Buildings in an efficient way. Hope this tool will be available soon. Sorry that i kind of misunderstood.

Don’t get me wrong, i do think you guys are doing a great job in making it a much more enjoyable experience. Honestly i think I.F. should pay you guys for all the time and effort you put into it.

Best Regards,

Lambert

Could we expect Manchester Airport (MAN) to be updated as the new terminal 2 extension has been completed and is now in commercial use?

Hello @Cameron_sidgwick
I have checked it, and unfortunately the Satellite imagery that is public available does not reflect the current expansion state of the airport.
We have to wait for new satellite imagery from google maps, Bing, ESRI, or Yandex before we can adept the airport for IF.

thank you for your patience.
Tom Airport Editor

Good Evening. I noticed something for KIND (Indianapolis International). There is a side of the airport, left of 23R/5L where there are no spots for aircraft. There is an entire side missing. Every once and a while we have a Cargolux 744 and 748 come in and park on that side as well as some GA aircraft and maintenance, etc. I just was wondering if that could be fixed or added for realism. Love the app! Thanks for making it the best possible!

Shoot me a PM to discuss.

As for everyone else, don’t get any funny ideas about requesting stuff. I’m on to you. lol

Great job!!

Thanks you guys are great makes IF what it is 78000 registered. Please check it out if you haven’t done so Community is so helpful and friendly

closed #119