New Airlines To Watch Out For! [2018] [Vote Here!]

New Airlines To Watch Out For! [2017/2018]

With 2018 well underway…these new airlines will be too! So next time your’e travelling through an airport it might be worth checking out these shiny, new aircraft on the tarmac or even buying a ticket yourself!

Air Belgium
(Previous operations ended in 2000)

*Photo credit to AirSoc

Formerly operational in the late 1900s…this rebranded airlines will offer cheap fares from Brussels to Asia. Competing with the well established airline, Brussels Airlines, this airline is set to mainly offer long haul routes using the Airbus A340-300.

Air Italy
(1 March 2018)

Air Italy

*Photo credit to USA Today

Feeding off Alitalia’s financial struggle, Air Italy promises to be Italy’s next premier carrier. With already 31 routes being served, and a massive financial backing from Qatar…could this be Italy’s new national airline?

JOON
(1 December 2017)

Joon-Air-France

*Photo credit to Travel Week

Has Air France taken it too far this time…with its latest adventure? With a more than controversial startup, Joon, the new, hip, french-base, low cost carrier is set to be the millennial’s choice when is comes to air travel. Competing with major low-cost carrier, Ryanair, Joon puts a relaxed and groovy twist on air travel. Air stewards’s uniforms will consist of chinos and T-shirts and craft beers are their beverage of choice! Just watch this video and you get the idea…!

LEVEL
(2 July 2017)

Level

*Photo credit to Airline Empires

Cutting costs within their own brand, it comes as no surprise that British Airways (IAG) will be releasing their Spanish based, low-cost carrier, Level, this year. This airline will serve mainly long haul destinations from France and Spain. Will Alex Cruz’s new business plan pay off…?

French Bee
(30 January 2018)

*Photo credit to AVISM Library

Formerly French Blue, this rebranded airline will sell transatlantic, cheap, “no frill” fares from France. Locations include: Mexico and beautiful French Polynesia. This is one of the few, but up-and-coming, transatlantic, low-cost carriers and is one of the first budget airlines to service the Airbus-A350-900. So how will it profit, and compete alongside other airlines such as Norwegian or Tui?

Special Mention:
Primera Air

primera1-1

*Photo credit to Travel Skills

Although, this airline has been operating for a few years…their new long haul route sounds somewhat futuristic. The already sold out route, which will fly from Europe (Paris and London) to the New York, will cost you as little as $99, one way (off-season of course!).

Which airline excites you the most?

• Air Belgium
  • Air Italy
  • JOON
  • LEVEL
  • French Bee
  • Primera Air (Nordic)
  • Other (Please state in the comments)

0 voters

Please note: These are just a selection of some of the new airlines/brands that have been or will be released 2017/2018 and that I deem to be the most relevant. The airline’s websites will be stated below:

The discussion starts here:

4 Likes

Great topic! It was really helpful for me, althought Level started operating in July 2nd 2017.

3 Likes

Thanks you… I will correct this!

2 Likes

We have many others airlines as air Sénégal created in 2016 but you done a good job

2 Likes

I picked out the ones that I thought would be more relevant. :) I am aware that hundreds of new airlines start up every year>

2 Likes

Which airline will be the most successful?

• Air Belgium
  • Air Italy
  • JOON
  • LEVEL
  • French Bee
  • Primera Air

0 voters

2 Likes

I am just glad Italy is getting s new national carrier for the sole reason that I dont like the Alitalia livery. :)

2 Likes

Personally Joon is the only one there that is really trying somthing “new” up there…

But Air Italy’s backing from Qatar could ve a big deal…

1 Like

Don’t forget about InterCity, a small regional airline flying from Blackpool to other national airports :)

1 Like

I’m watching about Joon. And maybe Level’s expansion to the Asian market

1 Like

Im desperate to get onboard JOON…but currently it is based in France.

im all for the AIR BEE A350 100%

1 Like

I love this aircraft…waiting to experience it on IF!

I think JOON is gonna flop in a similar way that Hooters Air did. In a weird way, I still want to fly with them though.

Hooters Air was an embarrassment…

2 Likes

The new airlines are really good at making style a good asset for their companies. I hope that they all they very well in the already competitive aviation market.

1 Like

Well if Primera Air is sold out, I think they might just be successful

1 Like

Ooh, the French Bee aircraft is really pretty! :O

1 Like

I love the French Bee and Air Italy livery. Looks amazing in mine eyes. I think Air Italy or Level will be the most successful.

1 Like

I saw an Air Italy TR several days ago. The aircraft was leased from Qatar Airways (Actually from Al Maha) by FlightExperience. And it seems they are really promising.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.