[New] Air France-KLM VA Official Thread | 2019

this was very perfect :)

2 Likes

@Pilot_urp @RoyalJordanian @Niccckk @Will_A @Infinite_Flight_Sims @joslleymiguel_holand @Felipe_Barreto, WOW! Thank you all for the amazing feedback and the kind words.

6 Likes

nice looking thread!

3 Likes

Amazing new thread & website guys!

4 Likes

WOW, nice looking thread! This is the level of skill we aspire to have

^ NP

6 Likes

I forgot to sign out so I had to edit my post and put in my initials lol

2 Likes

@Emiel_l @Matt777 @CopaVirtualAirlines thank you for the compliments! Much appreciated. We’ll see you in the IF skies!

1 Like

Introducing the AFKLM Academy

Certification Flights for New & Existing Pilots

We are pleased to announce that our new AFKLM Academy is now in effect as part of our strategic focus to foster the highest level of airmanship possible from our members.

How It Works:
Led by our Chief Pilot and a talented team of regional flight instructors, the objective of the AFKLM Academy is to ensure that every pilot who bears the AFKLM### callsign does so professionally, and with a greater understanding of all aspects of flights.

Moving forward, new pilots must complete a three-tiered Certification Flight (CF) process before being cleared for flight. Similarly, existing pilots that incur IFATC Ghosting infractions (or cited in incident reports submitted to VA Staff) will be required to complete certification before being cleared to return to flight operations.

The Outcome:
As a result, we hope to produce a better flight simulation experience for both our pilots and all IFC members around them.

Acknowledgements:
On behalf of our Leadership Team, we’d like to express a special thank you to @Mwe2187 and our friends/partners at @Delta_Virtual for developing and providing the framework and guidance that made the AFKLM Academy possible. Just another example of how the @SkyTeamIFC alliance helps its members get bigger, better, and stronger each day!

To learn more about the AFKLM Academy, click here.

6 Likes

Thanks for the shout out, however, all credit goes to @MDoor for why the DLVA pilot academy has been such a success. @Michael_McMurray and i had the vision, MDoor took it and ran with it

7 Likes

Hi I submitted the test and application but didn’t fill in pass or fail and the two below it as I didn’t have the results do I need to do it again?

2 Likes

If you failed the test, you’ll get an E-Mail from us telling you that.
Applications will be processed tomorrow again.

Cheers
Philip
HR Manager AFKLM VA

2 Likes

Ok I have not receive any email at all yet so I’ll wait thanks for the response

2 Likes

If one of the staff members see this message, I was on the KLM slack channel, but I can’t find it anymore. My name was Stef Ritt, and I was a Rank 7 commander.

1 Like

May I ask two things?

1. Do you have any Dutch members in the upper staff team?

2. Why did you change your logo background to red? It looked more royal and authentic in dark navy blue…

1 Like

Hi @Vinne,

1. Yes, we do have Dutch members in our staff team.

2. We have changed for the time being to the red colour to represent Air France and for a bit of change considering the large period of time we spent in the KLM Royal blue! We represent both airlines so are always making sure we can do so evenly with no bias towards one or the other.

Hope these answered your questions!
~ Luke.

3 Likes

Well done!! Perfect thread!

3 Likes

@Vinne as luck would have it, my ancestry is Dutch.

From the Netherlands, my family migrated to Curacao (Netherlands Antilles), then to Santo Domingo, and ultimately to Miami, USA. So, needless to say, I am very proud to have the opportunity to lead this VA along with my fellow staff members, which also hail from Holland, Europe and many places across the globe. We truly are an international VA!

Cheers,
Omar De Windt
AFKLM VA President

6 Likes

Haha, yes I knew you were at least partly Dutch due to your surname. I’m also Dutch so I’d be happy to join! I’ll apply within this week :)

2 Likes

Sounds great! Looking forward to flying with you.

4 Likes

Introducing AFKLM Flight Tracker