New 1:400 Scale Model Airport

After ~10.5 hours spent designing on Publisher and at least 10 hours designing, my custom airport is finished. It’s 1:400 scale and measures ~30x120 inches. There are 3 regional aircraft ramp spots, 2 wide body cargo ramp spots, and 5 other widebody+10 narrow body gates at the terminal area.

Here are some pictures, and yes, there are some print errors, mostly related to the letters and numbers in the airport.

37 Likes

Very nice. I don’t have enough room (patience) for that right now lol amazing work tho

8 Likes

Thanks! It took a lot of time, but it was worth it. It also rolls up nicely into a cylinder about an inch wide and 30 inches long, so nice and compact.
My next issue is to find some models (and a terminal) for the airport…

2 Likes

Wow, that looks amazing! I’m thinking about creating a model airport myself eventually.

3 Likes

Congrats dude, it looks amazing!

1 Like

Thank you!

I’d strongly recommend it. If you’re interested, I can send you (if you PM me an email) the publisher file for the whole airport or a PDF of individual sections.

Simply amazing, congrats mate @S_Olejniczak

1 Like

Nice! I think that’s the place I got my old diorama plates from too!

1 Like

I know where you got those, but this was all custom made via Publisher. I used some of that as a reference point, such as how wide I should make the runway, etc., but that’s about all.

1 Like

Ah, okay. Do you mind sharin the runway plates? I love them, awesome work!

1 Like

To get just the runway, I’ll send you the full PDF file and let you sort through it to find what our want if that’s okay with you.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Good work! Kudos to the time and dedication. Anyone that can put that type of focus into action is easily capable of many great accomplishments.

2 Likes

Woah, that is really nice looking airport you have there! :)

1 Like

Did I see a model concorde in one of the pictures?

2 Likes

Yes, yes you did. It’s an older Gemini jets 1:400 in Schuco livery,

That is absolutely amazing! Dude hats off to you. Wow that is extremely impressive…might e filled with a bit of jealousy 🤔

1 Like

This thread hasn’t been active recently, but thanks to free time in the holidays, I have some neat stuff to share! Enjoy!

Here is all my GSE, most of which needs to be painted. It was 3D printed off of Shapeways.

Now to the fun part! Using foam, Duct Tape, Christmas lights, and headlamps, I have a fully lit terminal, along with some other photos of my new models. All I have left now is to make the jetways.

4 Likes

Love it!

Mind posting the link to those ground vehicles? I like the look of them for my diorama.

1 Like