NEVER FORGET, United As One

Today is 9/11. Today 18 years ago something really terrible happened. The United States of America was under attack. The twin towers. The Pentagon. All hit with terrorist attacks and a fourth failed attempt on the White House. We lost 2,500 + people. 2,500+ people who didn’t return to there loved ones. So, today I did a flight around NYC and honored those people who lost there lives tragically today 18 years ago. I took a United A320 for 2 laps around NYC. The reason for United is that the name reminds me how our nation became UNITED AS ONE.

Departure out of LGA

NYC

Lower Manhattan
Ariel View of NYC
Banking view of Manhattan

Manhattan ❤️💕

Lower view of Manhattan

Far Away view of Manhattan

Setting her down at LGA after a short 21 minute flight.

Thanks for Viewing

Never FORGET SEPTEMBER 11th, 2001 ❤️🇺🇸✊

45 Likes

I have a piece of the twin towers, since my father was on a live call to his boss on the 101-106th floor when the aircraft crashed.

14 Likes

I know everything about the #screenshots-and-videos 🤦‍♂️ I have 10 pictures…

14 Likes

It’s so sad this happened. It’s great to see how the community is really embracing and sharing this tragedy. #neverforget

3 Likes

Yes very sad. But in my eyes without 9/11 would we even be as safe as we are know?

4 Likes

As sad as it was, we learned something huge from it that changed the way we see air travel today so this would never happen again.

1 Like

Apologies. 10 photos are a lot more than I always expect them to be 🤔.

Nowadays it’s like a rest button to my brain. I put the link in and post 😂

1 Like

RIP to all of the people that died in 9/11… God bless you all. We can only get through this together!

2 Likes

Is he alright?

1 Like

Yeah I’m fine. He didn’t count how many pictures I had

1 Like

Yeah, he was just on a conference call with his boss when the aircraft crashed into the North Tower.

1 Like

But is he alright though?

1 Like

Yooo. Who flagged @Alphadog4646 post? He was pointing something out.

2 Likes

Yeah, he was round the other side of the world, in London. He’s still managed to work there for another 18 years after it. That’s overall about 26 years of his 47 yearold life.

1 Like

So was Your dad’s boss at the trade center when it happened?
But ether way that’s cool that you have a piece.
And didn’t one of the engines from one of the aircraft land in the street, correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t two 767s that where flown into the twin towers?

1 Like

I think it were 2 767’s. I remember hearing about the engine vaguely in a documentary. My dad’s boss was on the 101-106th floor. The aircraft crashed on the 93-99th floor. Scary. We don’t know how he died. I may research that a little more.

After a little more research:

• He was on the 104th floor, 5 away from the crash.
1 Like

Sadly he might’ve been killed in the initial impact from the explosion but I don’t think so,
What I want to know is why did they lock the doors to the roof kinda stupid if you ask me, if they would’ve been unlocked your dad’s boss might’ve been alive to tell the story today

1 Like

He was killed after. My.dad was on the phone to him when the aircraft crashed into the building. He phoned his wife after, my dad heard the whole conversation. He said he would be fine, and not to worry. Also he was the Vice President of the 3,000 employee company.

1 Like

o7 from canada

1 Like

Also could we talk about how people lived not died please :)

1 Like