NetJets_Nick ATC Thread: Currently Closed

I’d really appreciate it if some guys could come out and help me prepare for my ATC test every now and then. Please only post feedback and questions.

3 Likes

ATC open @ KCMH (Port Columbus) on TS1.

Make sure you take into account airport elevation before giving a transition. You gave me 2,000ft and I was only 1,000ft AGL. 3,500 - 4,500ft would have been the correct transition. Also, speed up a bit with commands. It can get pretty busy sometimes in the expert server (believe it or not) and you need to work at a reasonable pace. Finally, I didn’t receive an exit command when I first landed, hence I asked for frequency change. If an aircraft is going T&Gs and they go below 60kts on the runway, you should give an exit command. Overall, you did a pretty good job. Try to focus on speed! ;)

2 Likes

My bad. I had heard that the ATC displayed ground level elevation. I hit the commands as quickly as I can, but my device lags a bit when I click on each aircraft (this just started happening with global). Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Lower is fine. 500 feet minimum for VFR to VFR as per the AIM classifying under as a near miss. 1000 for IFR. Outside of aircraft actually being in the pattern and requiring those standards, it’s pretty much fair game.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.