NetJets Headquarters Tour

NetJets Headquarters Tour

——————-««»»-——————

Bombardier

Background

As I explained in my John Glenn Columbus International Airport Exercise post, The Ohio State University’s Aviation Management Organization (AMO) frequently hosts guest speakers, airport and aviation facility tours, conferences, networking opportunities, and other social events.

Our most recent tour occurred on November 28 and landed us at NetJets’ Headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. Featuring a 70,000 sq. ft. office and operations center, an 80,000 sq. ft. aircraft hangar, and a 600 ft. by 300 ft. apron, the facility is the heart of the company.

There was zero chance I would pass up on this venture, so off to the airport I went.

Bridgeway Ave

First order of business: if you are touring the facility, do not enter through Gate A. We learned that lesson the hard way.

Once buzzed in at the correct gate, Gate C, we were greeted by NetJets representatives and received our visitor tags.

Our group convened in the main conference room on the first level. There, Lily Burnside, Campus Recruiter at NetJets, and Brian Gavin, Assistant Director, Training and Standards at NetJets, met us. Also in our presence was a Chipotle buffet. You can’t expect anything less from the most prominent private aviation company. Oh, and not to mention the NetJets-branded Stanley Cup at each seat.

After further introductions and a company presentation, Amy Kadakia, Flight Center Knowledge Manager, came to speak. Amy broke down the different operations within the company and shared her expertise. Hearing about her day-to-day duties and how challenging it can be to get everything right every time was fascinating.

Tour: Part 1

Around 7:30 p.m., approximately an hour in, we began the tour. Brian took half of the group to tour the hangar first, and Lily took the other half to tour the building. I’m a fan of saving the best for last, so I joined Lily’s group.

Our first stop was the NetJets Uniform Gallery. All NetJets crewmembers are entitled to a stipend that allows them to choose from a selection of Brooks Brothers outfits. The quality and design are immaculate.

The Headquarters is actively being renovated, so workstations are constantly changing. At the time of the tour, Floor 2, which used to be the IT Department, was one of the flight control centers. With a large, open floor plan, each desk has plenty of room. And if you want some true comfort, a mock cabin sits front and center.

We hit up the FBO next. Located on the first floor, this premium space has many neat features, including this large-scale Challenger 350 (@DeerCrusher).

Our final destination was the flight operations center. This massive room is the core of NetJets operations. 24/7, hundreds of folks work ten-hour shifts ensuring the smooth operation of all NetJets aircraft and Owners.

Tour: Part 2

Okay, now the fun part.

NetPets

Did you know that NetPets is NetJets’ service for animals? Here are a couple of interesting facts.

• Gemma the Corgi went on 68 flights in one year.
  • The most unique pet flown on a NetJets aircraft was a mini Kangaroo.
  • The most unusual pet request NetJets has ever received was a lobster and red wine for an Owner’s parrot.

What this company does for its owners is crazy. Above and beyond, at the very least.

Thoughts

The information in this post says it all. NetJets is truly the worldwide leader in private aviation. Not only was the tour exceptional, but seeing the operations from the inside gave me a whole new perspective on how many people and systems it takes to ensure the best service possible.

AMO has multiple tours and events in the new year, and I look forward to participating. I’ll keep the locations a secret, but I promise they won’t disappoint.

Additional Notes

All photos were taken with permission from NetJets. Aircraft registrations were removed in post-processing per request from NetJets. Please do not use the images without explicit permission.

I appreciate your time and hope this was as much of an enjoyable read as the involvement was for me.

40 Likes

This is nice…Can’t imagine how long he spent writing this :0

3 Likes

*This post was sponsored by Deercrusher

Great pictures, seemed like an interesting tour!

4 Likes

Ok. People love their pets. But do you really need lobster and wine for a parrot? Do parrots even like lobsters and red wine? What if this particular parrot is more of a Chardonnay type of guy?

Also, may I ask why NetJets requested the registrations to be removed?

2 Likes

Two hours. Maybe three. I wrote half last night and the other half this morning.

Good question. I’m not sure. I asked if I could share the photos, and that was their request. No reason for me to second-guess it.

4 Likes

cole haan + bombardier global duo is a W

anyways sick topic, been on them a year ago in the Challenger 650 on CLE-QQR.

1 Like

I promise! I did not sponsor or give any input to this post. When Zach reached out saying he was doing this tour, I was super stoked that he and others were getting an opportunity to see what goes on behind the scenes of the #1 private aviation company in the world.

I can only be biased, but to see Zach’s take on it from an outside perspective, it only makes me appreciate and offer as a source of reassurance that I made a good decision to come here and forgo the airlines. 😎

@Zachary Job well done! I hope you handed them your résumé.

6 Likes

Through the channels, and if you know where to look, you can see all of the registered owners for that particular aircraft. Sometimes as many as 16 entities are on the registration. Sure they’re initially registered to NetJets upon initial purchase of the aircraft, it NetJets sells those 16 shares until NetJets owns 0% of the aircraft. And voilà, welcome to the world of fractional ownership. Now… they’re usually LLCs or a Company name but sometimes individual owners use their real name.

Hence why they likely requested them to be masked

4 Likes

Does NetJets offer public tours? Would be cool to see the private side of the industry.

I don’t believe they do. Security is pretty tight.

4 Likes

How fun! Looked like your group had a good time.

1 Like

Someone’s got good taste.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.