Neos Air Boeing B787-9

The Airline
Neos, an italian leisure carrier, was established in 2001 and launched holiday flights in 2002 as part of a joint venture between Germany’s TUI Group and Italian Alpitour.
The airline rapidly expanded and launched long-haul flights with three Boeing 767-300(ER) aircraft, primarily carrying cruise passengers to several destinations across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, and the Mediterranean.
Neos is the only “Boeing-only” carrier in Italy and is also a Boeing 737 operator. It currently has six 737-800s in its fleet.
EI-NEO, first Italian 787
Neos has taken delivery of its first Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, ordered in 2014, on a flight straight from Paine Field to the airline’s base in Milan-Malpensa (MXP), where the aircraft performed a stunning low-pass and just a few days ago performed an amazing flight above the Italian Alps.

^^EI-NEO over Milan Malpensa Airport (MXP,LIMC)^^
Credit to the owner:

Nice livery ;)…

Ooh, the new 787NEO, pretty sweet 😂

Cool livery, never heard of the airline through

9 Likes

I’ve seen their 767s many times in Mombasa. The newish livery looks modern on the 787s and fits the aircraft very well.

2 Likes

Fantastic livery and fantastic airline, I need this on IF! 😍

Stunning ! A must have, absolutely!
You got my vote ;-)

I would appreciate that because it is a nice airline.
And as you can see in my profile bio i’m Italian so I will be very glad to see an Italian glory in the sim as the B787-9

1 Like

sorry for this one, but here is my shot of its first commercial flight in my country in guadeloupe (TFFR)
my friends and I was a the airport to recive ower first 787-9 . It was soo cool.

I also leave a vote to this request

4 Likes

I like the neos Livery but what does neo mean in neos air

Looks like the TUI livery- just putting that out there

I believe Neos was an ex-TUI group airline.

1 Like

Neos was established in June 22, 2001, as a joint venture between two tourism companies, the Italian Alpitour S.p.A. and the German TUI Group. Revenue flights were launched on 8 March 2002. Until then, Neos was part of TUI Airlines. In January 2004, Neos became a totally Alpitour’s parent company, no longer affiliated with the TUI Group, and began some intercontinental destinations. In January 2004 , TUI sold its entire shares to Alpitour.

1 Like

Stunning photo, love the shine on the brand new paint! Makes the dark cockpit windows stand out even more.

1 Like

I’m giving this topic a bump. I think Italy is underrepresented in Infinite Flight: we just have 4 Alitalia planes, 3 of them are pieces of history (MD-11 and B742 were retired in the 90s and the A321s will end operations in 2020 after 30 years of service) and the 4th (B772) has the same old livery. So, IF staff, please, add this livery, me and my fellow Italian pilots need it!

4 Likes

didn’t even see that this topic is 3 years old, wow.

3 Likes

I discovered because I was about to do a feature request about this plane ahah

3 Likes

Needed to bump this thread again.
Neos is taking delivery of further 2 787-9s taking their fleet of 787s to 6 frames! Really big expansion for an Italian airline and the livery is beautiful to say the least.
Neos is currently operating it’s 787s from italy to China but as soon as countries reopen they will start to fly to the holidays destinations we all love not just from Italy but even other european cities: that’s why we need it, adding diversity to the IF 787 family with a classy italian touch!
Vote for this beauty guys!

1 Like

Such a beautiful livery, would love to see this Italian bird on the virtual skies.

3 Likes

a beaultiful livery that needs a bump!

2 Likes