Need tips for landing

Hey guys I’m grade 3 but still struggle to land a plane manually I have watched the tutorial… I calibrate before switching on the autopilot but it still goes plummeting down to the ground… HELP

Can we get some more details?

What plane?
What speed are you at?
What vs are you at?
Can you provide a video?

2 Likes

Can u tell me how to record?? 😅

1 Like

Btw I normally start my approach at 180 knots with an altitude of 3000 ft and all aircraft idk if I’m doing something wrong or something is wrong with the settings.

Are you able to take off ok?

It could be you are moving your device after you calibrate while turning off AP?

What device are you on?

1 Like

Are you sure that you’re not overweight? Also, from what I heard, the A320 has a glitch in which the landing spoilers, when deployed, cause the aircraft’s nose to slam into the ground.

Practise flying manually. Start with Cessna and do a complete take off and pattern flight to land. This will give you a hang of trim settings and speed settings and the control of your hands on your device.

Then go on to A320 or whichever aircraft you are flying. There is no more satisfaction than doing a manual flight vs autopilot flight raking in the XP and hours.

1 Like

I have an iPad Pro mini and I place the iPad on a stable surface before calibrating but idk what goes I try to control it with my throttle but it’s nose turns down that’s it

I’ve been trying for days but the problem is that the thing won’t stay stable even if I don’t move the device

No and I mostly fly the 737 or Dreamliners

Yes take offs r perfect

How did you calibrate again? Place you device like a yoke in a “neutral” position. like straight out from your body, simulating a yoke with a 0 degree pitch. You should be fine then. Also, check your TRIM- i suggest 10% trim when landing… flaps depend on the runway you’re landing on, but around full.

1 Like

Yeah I place the device just as u mentioned and 10% in negative or positive?

The aircraft will not stay stable if you dont do anything. You have to do a lot of things to keep the aircraft stable. Watch some real life cockpit videos on YouTube and you will understand how many small movements the pilot has to make flying manually to keep the aircraft stable.

Hence i suggest to start with a propellor aircraft to get a hang of how the aircraft repsonds to your movements.

Also check in settings if the sensitivity of controls is set to normal. Keep it to normal instead of sensitive. That way even if you make gross movements, it wont translate into exaggerated movements to the aircraft.

Okay I’ll try thank you😊

Finally - Practise Practise Practise…

Do some solo landings offline - there is that option in IF where it takes you on a final where you can practise the landings.

Okay sure…

10% in the positive. Make sure your sounds are on - remember to start to flare around 20 - to 3-5degrees (positive) and you’ll surely butter the bread. If you want to practice approach, go onto solo using the final function, if you want to practice buttering the bread, place yourself at the takeoff position of runway and press SHORT FINAL. You’ll surely get better soon! ;)

2 Likes

You don’t always have to use full flaps, but around that area… :P

3 Likes

Flaps depends on lot of things abiktiy to feel whats happening in advance is a big thing but aircraft and runway is equally important try different aircraft I found learning in a big somewhat clumbersome aircraft easier as I have previously thousands of hours one a sole pc platforms (no plugs) so there was a little adjustment to hand held instead of a full size yoke. now don’t be scared by the size of an aircraft such as the A380. because to fly she is a awesome example of engineering if you have the ils guides enabled they appear at about 5nm-ish @1100ft decent at 1000ftps until ^^^^^^ alt then set your self up for landing I.e flaps trim( I personally unless it’s the A380 don’t use full flaps but that’s me) … fly that altitude until you see the boxes then calibrate (staying very still ) disengage all aid by the A380 button then reapply the HDG so you can concentrate on decent (keep an eye on it ready to reclick HDG TO CORRECT if needed but pick your home airport do some research on the airport operations and flight patterns go sit and watch the operations at your local airport if possible) , follow the boxes all the way down keep your speed throughout the boxes between 180 and 130 airliner dependant …
@ around 300ft start bringing the throttle back adjust pitch to give the flare and reduce power to idle most of the aircraft will respond beautifully to this procedure it all.depends on the control settings and your personal preference .

I hope this helps you out . It can be a bumpy ride to flying 100% solo but we all start as a rookie spread them wings flight hours don’t acrew themselves