Need Crew Center For VO | Need Options

Hey IFC,

I am currently the CEO of the VO Fly Global Virtual which is as of 2 days prior IFVARB Approved. We are moving on to second stage in IFVARB process which is certification.

I was wondering since our Crew Center at the moment is on discord but don’t get me wrong it is password protected for Pilots only and more special features. But my VO is looking more towards custom crew centers and we need options to look at. If any of you know how to code PHPVMS or own or develop any other types of crew centers for VA/VO. Please comment on this topic or PM me privately.

Thanks everyone and have a nice night.

Best,
@American1345_Super

You sound sincere, and I wish I could help, but honestly, a lot of airlines use Slack I’d that’s what you mean.

1 Like

Yes, a lot do but most giant VA use custom. We want to shoot for great. So we want to offer the best for our Pilots and compete with the other VO. Most of the other VO do not have custom crew center or and advanced website like ours which sets us apart however a crew center will set us a distance apart.

Create a WiX site maybe? Sorry, not the best at this.

Here, you can follow these tutorials to setup a phpVMS crew center:

Here’s a Help Thread:

2 Likes

that’s not a crew center, that’s a communication platform. Crew Centers are a place to log flights.

2 Likes

I’ve realized that, thank you @Hardlanding_Hussain

1 Like

Already have a wix site for our VO. It has a community forum but the crew center is not as authentic and cool as we want it to be.

1 Like

I’d go as far as to say that a crew center isn’t a necessity for these reasons:

• Security, or rather a lack of it
    Crew centeres aren’t secure. For example, VaBase stores passwords without any hashing, which means if a bad person gets into your database all of your crew’s passwords will be exposed, and not much people have different passwords for their accounts.
  • They are not designed for IF
    Most crew centers are intended for PC flight sim use, thus they have a lot of features you won’t ever need, but which clog up the UI in places like pireps
2 Likes

Heyyyyy @Alexander_Nikitin ,

Oh really. I did not know that. Well I am doing extensive research and fact checking on many fronts to confirm the accuracy of a VA software for crew center eligibility for Fly Global. But I will come to a decision on which one we will use or just stick with our password secure discord server.

Have a nice night.

Best,
@American1345_Super

Hey Hussain! I have heard that people are not recommending phpVMS due to its age. Therefore, it is easy to hack. That is what brought down so many VAs.

Oh, that must be bad.

A VANet Crew Centre does the job very well.

Hey mate! If you ever need help with a CrewCenter let me know - I like making them and have done it for a few VA’s.

As for your options well, there’s a lot of them!

To start, I will list some free options. First up we have PHPVms, Community user, Kai M has an extensive tutorial list explaining the steps needed to set up PHPVMS 5.5. Here is a link to tutorial number 1

There is a CrewCenter system created by that very same Kai M.

Next, we have a new crewcenter not yet on the market but is created by a fellow community member.

There also is a new version of PHPVMS called PHPVMS 7, this newer version is a bit more complicated and there aren’t any solid tutorials, but here is a link to their website!

Lastly, there is VAM or Virtual Airlines Manager. This system is a bit outdated and requires a bit of coding, but it works beautifully.

https://virtualairlinesmanager.net/

Now, Let’s dive into some paid Crewcenters, usually more developed than free ones, paid crewcenters offer a plethora of features.

First up we have the paid version of Flare-VaNet the newest CC for VA’s on the market. I have the link to the features list here

Secondly, we have VaBase, a great crewcenter used by VA’s such as BAVA, CAVA, and EZYVA. I understand you found this to be expensive, but I am going to include it on the list so you can compare it!

In Conclusion, there are tons of amazing CrewCenters you can choose from. You can also code your own just like VA’s such as DLVA! Please do not hesitate o let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

If you don’t wanna do it your self I also build crew centers. Fill out the link in my bio if you wish to have me build it. I use phpVMS

Do you mind linking it to me?

Search up VANET and the website will come up. But hosting is expensive

Hello!

The current VA in-witch I am working for Created a Wix Based crew center within our mainstream website. It is rather simple to make and we wouldn’t mind running you through it. I saw people mentioning slack as this has become a problem with our va is if your going to use Slack your VA airline age restriction must be set at or above 16 years of age. I highly suggest that you switch to discord if you plan on doing this (though I read your using a forum which is a interesting choice!)

Let me know if I can help,
Blake

Hey @USA_ATC ,

Yes, we are interested and exploring for a operational and modern/safe crew center software. We are interested in your offer and I am open to further discussion. At the moment it is 12:30am for me so I think I should return to sleep. If you have any further questions let me know and we can work out a contract aka what you get in return for this in the coming days.

Have a nice night.

Best,
@American1345_Super
Chief Executive Officer | Fly Global Virtual

1 Like

phpVMS is using a having for passwords in the database