Need ATC for EGKK on expert immediately

There’s no ATC at EGKK right now. However, there are lots of traffic there. IFATCs, please be in charge of EGKK ASAP.

Btw, everyone is using Unicom and the airport is crowded but in good condition. This is real EXPERT!

Controllers outside of IFATC have a personal life. They may be busy. I’m sure someone will open up soon at EGKK perhaps.

3 Likes

Yes, I understand that. There’re ATCs in other airports on expert. I think maybe they can come and take charge of it for a while 'cause the airspace is really crowded now.

1 Like

This time of day is usually a quiet time, as the majority of IFATC live in either America or Europe. As it is very early morning, most Europeans (apart from @Chatta290 🙄) are probably asleep, while most Americans are probably getting ready to go to bed. We do have controllers in other parts of the world, but they too have lives, and can’t control all the time.

5 Likes

Most of the airports open at the moment are Class Charlie airports, open by apprentices, who are not certified to control the busier Class Bravo airspaces.

3 Likes

Now I understand. Thank you, sir.

1 Like

This is also a good opportunity for Expert pilots to prove their understanding of Unicom and awareness to other pilots :)

5 Likes

Another thing to note is that the previous EGKK Controller had connection issue which couldn’t be anticipated and to add to what’s mentioned earlier it’s the time of day where most Controllers are busy/sleeping irl

There’s one person here.

But he did get lucky…you are not “crossing 08L” by taxiing full length.

Real life is one thing. It’s still a runway in IF. Fair warning.

3 Likes

Hello, Tim. Nice to see u around. Your tutorial of “Understanding Departure” really helped me a lot🙏

I opened it,but my WiFi started acting up jus after 15-20 minutes and had to forcefully close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

1 Like

Actually, it was fine. All the pilots were managing the situation via unicom excellently, and appreciate your service. See ya around.