Necroposting

Any chance we could get a public clarification on this? People call others out for it, but there is no real terms for it, a shady area if you will.

10 Likes

posting on a dead topic

3 Likes

I assume it’s based on the activity of the last post.

3 Likes

I know. But

So when the last post is 5 days old, is that classed as it?

This is why I think a public clarification would be useful.

4 Likes

No, I think that it is more like 2-3 months prior.

2 Likes

If the comment doesn’t contribute to an old (6 months+) topic.

7 Likes

It’s basically boosting an old topic

3 Likes

I think of it as posting something completely irrelevant or unnecessary in a topic that is more than 6 months old.

7 Likes

There’s no set time for it, it’s just when someone unnecessary bumps an old irrelevant topic.

16 Likes

It depends on context. The older a topic, the more relevant and worthwhile the necropost needs to be for it to be useful.

5 Likes

unless you have something relevant to say, then its necroposting

3 Likes

To be honest never heard of it and had to look it up on urban dictionary !

3 Likes
  1. Terrible place to look, you’ll get the definiton of the birds and the bees! lol :)
  2. A bunch of people have got banned for it in the passed, if you look hard enough, you can find them :)
7 Likes

I can expect , i did get some very strange examples of the word being used in a sentence…

4 Likes

Although you said there is no set time for it, what do you consider old? 6 months? A year?

1 Like

I just looked it up because I was curious as to what the examples are… my eyes… they burn! Lol.

3 Likes

I feel your pain , i think i need trauma counselling again …

3 Likes

If we cannot post on old topics…and cannot recreate old topics…where do we stand?

1 Like

I think people should let others speak their piece on old and new posts and instead reflect on their own posting.

1 Like

Like 3 months.

3 Likes