Near miss over SoCal!

Often I see practice formation flights from home. Being an aviation nerd, I always run out to spot them. As I stepped on to my balcony, I witnessed a Cessna have to turn out of the way of a flight of two, while an A380 departure from KLAX flew above them!

(All 4 aircraft in the same pic)

10 Likes

Alright, cool stuff. Sorry to seem harsh, but to we need to know this?

4 Likes

Apologies, but do we need to know half the stuff posted on this thread of the forum? I’ll gladly take it down or move it if you’re not satisfied. Just wanted to share with my fellow aviation geeks…

4 Likes

If you thought RWA had unneeded topics, and your saying that this is (indirectly), why would you post this? ;)

2 Likes

Holy smokes, I thought this was pretty cool, but I see otherwise now. Forgive my enthusiasm

2 Likes

No, no that’s not what I’m saying, I also think it’s cool. All I did was point something out in one of your other posts :)

I thought it was very cool, quite an unusual situation you spotted there!

5 Likes

Flight of 2 is WWII era…looks like T6 Texans? Doing an air show performance?

1 Like

You’d be surprised at how often this actually occurres. You’d also be surprised at how many VFR pilots will willingly know and fly through active MOA’s. They prolly don’t think it’s very funny or cute once they get wing walked by a fighter though…

4 Likes

They’re out here every weekend practicing almost, sometimes during the week too! They stay pretty low, a lot fun to watch them.

1 Like

This is really neat to see, along with pictures that have discernible aircraft. Very nice.

1 Like

They are based out of KVNY. There are a total of 5 T-6 Texans, four repainted in werchmat scheme and one in imperial Japan. I see them often, fly over my house a lot of the time. I also see there base at van Nuys, they have a mini ramp for themselves. Condors Squadron, since 1963. Look em up!

2 Likes

I wish I could give you 1000 likes for knowing about these guys! Both of these had tradition Japanese dots under their wings! The Cessna was heading to KTOA and had their landing light on even though they were about 8 miles from the airport. The Cessna was heading east until the flight of 2 came in from the south and redirected the Cessna north. so cool that you know about this squadron!

1 Like

Well I live a mile away from van Nuys airport and I’m into aviation so it’s kind of a given haha, yeah but their really cool, I don’t have any pics on my devices but I do have a video of them in formation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.