Near collision on live

So, I was flying, cruising, chilling. Then I look on the map, and see someone (josh) at the same altitude as me. I then realise, he’s going between the same way points as me… in the opposite direction. Then:

Now, this was JUST before he passed me, Andy I’m pretty sure our wings clipped. It was fast so I couldn’t tell, but yeah

8 Likes

Duplicate man.

1 Like

???
How’s this a duplicate?

2 Likes

I made a mid air collision post already, months ago.

1 Like

Ok, didn’t see it.

1 Like

Uh… Duplicates don’t apply to specific occurrences.

29 Likes

that’s like saying i made a livery request a year ago so now every other livery request is a duplicate…

7 Likes

My point is, if there is already a topic about this Mid-air collisions and Near Misses, there is no need to make a new topic. Post under the one that is already made.

1 Like

I personally disagree with this. A community forum is made for people to post their own personal experiences. They should not have to be grouped down to something this specific. And if they should, we would have a category for it.

But that’s just my opinion, and not my call or choice to make. For the topic, that was a very close call! Good thing we don’t have airplane-to-airplane damage (although having that on expert would be awesome!)

11 Likes

Its plain and simple. Since there is already a topic open, where you can post all your Near-Misses and Mid-Air collisions, there is no need to make another topic. No need to clutter the feed with multiple discussion pages, of the same topic, when everyone can post there experiences on one page, Instead of 2-3-4-5 pages of the same subject. Keeps the forum organized.

1 Like

We need TCAS near misses and collisions happen way to often especially around busy airports with no departure/center/approach

2 Likes

So let me get this straight you see another aircraft approaching have time to take a screen shot but don’t deviate? And then complain about the incident. Bravo 👏

17 Likes

Point is there is no collision in IF?

1 Like

You sure about that?
It’s not considered a dup.

3 Likes

And you weren’t aware of the impending collision how? You have the map that tells you about the planes around you, and you have your eyes. How did you miss that there was a plane barreling towards you at the same altitude and did not take corrective action about it? I’m perplexed.

3 Likes

What, the topic is about mid-air collisions according to the title, not near misses.

tl;dr: Draconian applications of rules goes both ways.

1 Like

Clearly one of you was flying at the incorrect altitude for their heading… who was it?

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure west bound are even altitudes and east bound odd?

5 Likes

Correct you are

1 Like

This is exactly why the different flight levels have to be used. What altitude was “Josh” at?