NDBs in IF?

Hey everyone! I was doing a flight today and I came across an NBD on the map. It looked something like this:

There are many all over the globe in IF now. How long have these been around and how did I not hear about them?

Yes NDBs are in the game. There is a theory that IF just added them in with the recent updates as “Easter Eggs”

4 Likes

Awesome! Well, I’m glad they’re here since 99% of the flight plans I make have them. Thanks IF!

4 Likes

As Jason stated in the A350 article he had a meeting with Steve from FlightChops where they said that NDBs weren’t in the game and they should be added back.
As seen here:

1 Like

Hmmm, IF is up to date for me and I dont see NDBs syet.

I think we had NDB’s back when we had airways shown on the map. I don’t recall. 🤔

5 Likes

We seriously need airways back…

3 Likes

You can still fly airways today. You just need to know the entry and exit waypoints. They’re just not depicted visually.

4 Likes

That is true. But it would be cool to have them shown as you fly them. Heck, I’m flying on an airway right now

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher Hello? Anyway, I don’t see them in IF. I just checked and IF is up to date.

What exactly is NBDs

8 Likes
1 Like

For anyone who’s curious, they got (re?)added to the map in the latest hotfix, 19.01.06.

My is up to date and it’s 19.01.02. Just for only IOS just for now?

1 Like

Not that this matters, but it’s NDB, not NBD

NDB is more practical if we have needle in the hud compass. And same as ils/gps we should be able to select the station. With current model it works kinda another fix.

I said NDB…

Yep I noticed this yesterday actually. And yes, they are scattered across the globe. 😁

1 Like

Ive noticed this as well - however where have the VORs gone - I can no longer see them

1 Like