Navigraph subscription

hey ifc! i was wondering if you guys think a navigraph subscription is actually worth it? thanks!

5 Likes

In my opinion, no.

2 Likes

In my opinion No to be honest!:)

1 Like

It might be worth it, but definitely not for the cost…

1 Like

alright guys i think i am not gonna get it. thanks for the help!

2 Likes

If you only use infinite flight, then definitely not

1 Like

Perhaps that’s something Infinite Flight can work on in the future WIP?

navigraph is phenomenal only when using professional sims such as xplane and MSFS. it includes charts and up to date airrac. but if you’re just using infinite flight, it’s not worth it.

1 Like

In my opinion, it depends on the sort of experience you want. You can function without navigraph, it is not essential to be able to play infinite flight and have fun with the simulator. But if you seek for a truly realistic experience and an up-to-date simbrief though, Navigraph is not that bad.

Of course the cost can be off-putting, and it would be understandable to not purchase it simply because of that, but that would be up to you.

2 Likes

For me, no

nada. I just use the free version for SimBrief. I have an opinion along the lines of @PlaneStyle. If I were running a sim like X-Plane, or MFS then I would buy it. But certainly not for IF.

2 Likes

It will depend a lot. I will use my example. I really enjoy reading airport briefings and taxi procedures. The advantage is that you already have the cards available instead of looking for them. This saves a lot of time.
I like to see airport briefings for areas under construction where it is not possible to take a taxi. And you don’t need to have a signature to know, but it takes a little work. I have the monthly subscription, and in my case I am super satisfied. Having a software with separate cards for me is very useful. In the future Navigraph plans to have simlink support which is going to be amazing.

Well this is my opinion.

Obs: I like to simulate as much as possible but if u are just enjoy. I really don’t recommend spending.

2 Likes

Yes. I use ForeFlight for Infinite Flight as well as for flying actual planes. For Infinite Flight alone, I would say no

I do have a Navigraph Ultimate subscription. It’s amazing because I love Charts.

2 Likes

I use it for airport editing. If just to fly in the game, then not likely.

It’s not a necessity. Navigraph does give more information about charts and procedures, though you can refer to usually what’s available online. Fltplango does have charts for US and Canada (and I think Mexico?). For other areas, google tends to be decent in giving the info you would most likely want to see, like altitude, and speed restrictions. Also mind you, IF doesn’t keep up with AIRAC cycles, so sometimes SIDS and STARS in the sim might be a little different from what you see in Navigraph.

Unless you use Foreflight for IRL flying, it’s probably not the best option as it’s fairly pricey in comparison to Navigraph. If it’s still something you want to look into, download Navigraph, you should have access to a free trial/small area to look at the charts.

If you’re an airport editor then Navigraph is definitely helpful in providing charts and information for airports which you might not be able to find with a Google search.

(Speaking from experience).

1 Like

Overall, probably not.

Between Simbrief for semi-pro flight plans, and faa.gov for free downloads of VFR sectionals and every current IFR plate, you can cover all the details that IF includes and a few extra.

If IF expands it’s flight plan interface towards FMC style ops Navigraph might make more sense.

1 Like

I’ve only subscribed to the navdata, which saves a lot, and together with this tool I can enjoy the latest data cycle in IF, without waiting for an IF nav update.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.