Navidades Caleรฑas ( FINAL FLIGHT )

Hello everybody from Cali, Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด today Iโ€™m flying back home to Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž with American Airlines on their Boeing 737-800 in main cabin to wrap up this week long Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ… and birthday ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰ trip. AA offers two services between Cali and the 305 ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž A morning departure with a afternoon return and a evening departure with an early morning return during the winter season but in the summer the return is a red eye, I decided to go with the morning departure back to MIA simply because it worked better for me and passport control at 11:00AM is Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž is MUCH more tolerable than at 7:00PM but I did wake up at 4:00AM at a friends house near the highway so I can get to the airport much faster especially in Caliโ€™s traffic so letโ€™s do just that!

Flight Info

Origin: Alfonso Bonilla Aragon Intl ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด ( SKCL )
Destination: Miami Intl ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ ( KMIA )
Flight Time: 3:02
Boeing 737-800 ( American Airlines )
Server: Expert

Accompanied by a beautiful sunrise behind the Andes mountains ๐ŸŒ„โค๏ธ here is the star of the show for todays flight, the American Airlines Boeing 737-800 who had been here for the past 10 hours after arriving from MIA, the crew here have a layover before returning to Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž the next morning. The airport was pretty quiet at this time with our flight the only one in the international terminal departing although there were a few Copa Airlines passengers here for the morning flight to Panama City, Panama ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฆ which leaves 2 hours after us so it wasnโ€™t to packed but letโ€™s get on this bird!

Here is our view for the 3 hour flight back to Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž pretty nice ๐Ÿ‘ seat is the traditional AA Oasis hard product which isnโ€™t my favorite but it gets the job done since this flight isnโ€™t terribly long but for their longer flights, Iโ€™d try to seek one of their older planes with the better cabin.

As we were pretty much the only airline in the international terminal, there was NO delay on our pushback and we took off in an INSTANT from runway 02, goodbye Cali ๐Ÿ‘‹ we may or may not see each other for a long time as I wanna move on this city in 2024 but off we go, stating the journey home! ๐Ÿก

We climbed up to FL360 and we did have kind of a strange route but cool approach into MIA, we took off as usual but made a turn towards the west before turning north once again so weโ€™d cross over Panama ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฆ and the Cayman Islands ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡พ instead of Jamaica ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ฒ which kinda does give variety to this route but not really an insane amount, flight attendants came around with their usual service I got myself a water with the pretzels ๐Ÿฅจ my family pretty much got the same thing except some got coffee โ˜•๏ธ as it was still morning, 3 stars here โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ basic but it works ๐Ÿ‘ once again no IFE screens so itโ€™s up to you to steam something on your device, AA does offer a good selection but for variety, I downloaded a few episodes of โ€œAmerican Housewifeโ€ to watch during the flight!

After a few episodes I got up to use the lavatory and saw the Cayman Islands ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡พ through the window, definitely looking forward to visit one day!

Cuba ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡บ is WAYY too big to avoid flying over without it costing many minutes maybe even an extra hour of flight time, so here we are now weโ€™re getting pretty close to the 305 ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž so I guess Iโ€™d like to mention a few things about 2024 upcoming, I really want all my main trips next year to be about new locations which is why I said I wonโ€™t be returning to Cali next year, I will still visit many places in Colombia ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ด and Latin America just ones I havenโ€™t been to. I even got Africa, Asia and if the price so right, Oceania on my radar! I may connect in places Iโ€™ve been to and even revisit certain places in bonus trips but for these primary trips expect new places, im so excited to see what 2024 brings but thatโ€™s all im really gonna say for now.

All the new experiences planned for 2024 start with this approach, it may look it but these arenโ€™t the Bahamas ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ธ they are actually the Florida Keys, more specifically Marathon. See, this was my first time approaching MIA on the SNDBR3 approach so we flew over the keys and Everglades ๐ŸŠ before flying right downwind of RWY 09 and then turning to land from the east over downtown. Instead of the usual VIICE2 star and something else about this approach into the 305 ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž was new which Iโ€™ll be mentioning next.

Out of the many years of flying out of and into Miami Intl Airport, Iโ€™ve never landed on the diagonal runway ( RWYs 12/30 ) it was always the horizontal ones ( RWYs 8L & R, 26L & R, 9 and 27 ) but it all changed today as weโ€™d land on RWY 30 and look at that view over downtown Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž Brickell, Port Miami, Fisher Island and all the boats in Biscayne Bay โค๏ธ canโ€™t wait for GTA VI to release in 2025 so I can finally say I live in GTA or near it but whatever letโ€™s just enjoy this landing onto MIAโ€™s RWY 30!

TOUCHDOWN! Welcome to the best city in the sunshine state! Wrapping up this Christmas ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ… and birthday ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽ‰ trip and my 2023 travels, been on many trips this year and very memorable ones, like Antarctica ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ถ๐Ÿง and my AA flagship first experiences on the Boeing 777-300ER and Airbus A321T and many more I could name but we would be here all day if I did. Overall, it was your average AA mid haul international flight, not the best experience youโ€™ll get but definitely better than what you can see flying a CRJ-200 ๐Ÿ˜‚ or even some low cost airlines so I do think AA still did good but make sure to bring some entertainment with you as pretty much their entire narrowbody fleet except select A319s and A321s donโ€™t have seat back entertainment which is something Iโ€™d like to see return on AA but sadly probably wonโ€™t.

Welcome to Americanโ€™s home here at their best hub! Concourse D more specifically gate D33, passport control ๐Ÿ›‚ didnโ€™t take long especially since I took this flight rather than the afternoon one back to Miami ๐Ÿ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Ž got back on the MIA Mover to the Tri-Rail station since we didnโ€™t drive to the airport and simply rode back up home to Palm Beach, glad you joined me on not only this trip but all my other ones in 2023. If I donโ€™t post anything tomorrow Iโ€™d like to wish you all a happy new year and a hopefully an amazing 2024 with many memorable travel experiences. A friend of mine @Kyle_stout has just posted an amazing Emirates A380 trip report from Cairo, Egypt ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฌ to New York City ๐Ÿ—ฝ๐ŸŽ via Dubai, UAE ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ช I recommend checking it out and hopefully there is more to come from him in 2024 and as always between now and the next time, see you in the sky! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘‹

6 Likes

Amazing work thank you for the shout out, and I will have more to come in the new year

1 Like

Look forward to it! ๐Ÿ‘

1 Like

As always, lovely thread!

1 Like