NAV ILS button deactivation: Procedure Pls

MaxAsks:
Set Nav1 for ILS 13 into Atlantic City due to wind shift required to go Missed/Go Around for 31. Unable to cancel Nav1 selection. NAV2 would not activates 31. Nav1 selected/ locked in both 13 & 31 as active thru my action. Dash went mental. Recovered. Reverted to GPS after Plan Modification, successful recovery.
Question: How do you deactivate pre-Set Nav buttons?
Max

I’m pretty sure you can’t deselect a NAV input but in you select a different one it should replace the current one.

1 Like

@Lud_d… As noted NAV2 would not activate. There should be a reprogram Nav option, if not a Feature is evident. Not a solution, Thanks Lud. Max

1 Like

To get off NAV1/NAV2 revert back to GPS and inside the A/P menu you can decide between NAV (autopilot) on or off.

You have to select another ILS and lock it into NAV1/NAV2 to override your previous selection.

@EyesSkyward. Noted followed your logical suggestion to include “Replace Flight Plan”… NAV1 remained Activated want to both runway.
Causing mayhem… Thanks not a solution.

Max

1 Like

I realise that not being able to remove an ILS from NAV1/NAV2 is not a solution. The only way to “get around it” is reverting to GPS and choosing autopilot on or off from there, for the moment unfortunately.

@EyesSkyward… Noted, Not a solution, followed your logic, No Joy.
Conclude a. “Feature” on this system program error required.
Thank, Max

1 Like

Yeah, the thing is you can’t deselect NAV1 but you can change it to another runway with ILS capabilities, NAV2 probably only works with VORs. I see that you want to make a feature request regarding being able to deselect NAV1, you can do so but it’s not necessary due to the fact you can change NAV1 to any available ILS runway within 27 nautical miles. However, I see you had an error with NAV1 being coincidentally and simultaneously activated on both runways which is rare to see it happen. You should go to schyllberg with that information and certainly a replay for evidence if this could be a persistent/consistent/constant problem/bug.

1 Like

@Humars… MaxSez: “Rare” that’s the hitch. Both rway selection was reoccurring.
Sulley should pick this anomaly up without sepcor. Deselect capability is the answ.
Not a solution. Thanks for the input. Max

1 Like