National Museum of the USAF

This past weekend I went on a road trip to Dayton, OH. While I was there I stopped by the National Museum of the United States Air Force. There were aircraft there of all generations, from WW1 to the present day, and also some presidential aircraft. Here are the photos I took.
WW1 Gallery

WW2 Gallery

Please don’t mind the language on the B-24. Americans had issues in the 1940’s
SE Asia/Vietnam War Galleries

Cold War Gallery

Presidential Aircraft
JFK’s 707

Outdoor Exhibits

This museum is completely free to visit. No charge for parking or admission. If i took a photo of every aircraft there, I would have over 500. I definitely recommend visiting here if you have an interest in military aviation.

16 Likes

I think the dc-8 is a 707.

What Air Force number is that?

(4th to last picture)

I live in Akron, OH and my aunt lives right next to the base. I’ve walked through that museum so many times its not even funny. It’s absolutely stunning
The atmosphere that is set is incredible. My personal favorite area is walking around and seeing all the different types of uniforms and helmets in that one hallway. Very interesting

The USAF museum is about 10 min from me!

1 Like

I’m going here over Labor Day Weekend!

This is amazing.

You will have the best time of your life. I only shared these photos because I don’t want to spoil the experience.

Did you try the fighter sim? Is it realistic?

If I recall, the sims are more just for fun. If you want a good sim experience close to the USAF Museum, send me a DM.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/Expansion.aspx
Here’s a link to the museum’s website for more information ;)

1 Like

Sent you a PM!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.