NASA announces crew for private space taxis

For the first time since 2011 NASA is planning to use American rockets to shuttle astronauts from earth to the ISS replacing the Russian rokets that are used currently. With the help from Boeing and SpaceX NASA has announced the crew that will do the first manned flights for both aircraft the CST-100 Starliner and the Crew Dragon.

Correct me if i’m wrong, so it looks like Boeing came out on top against Elon Musk to build a space craft to space? Exiting never the less

It looks like that to me also

Boeing did not come out on top. Crews were selected for both spacecraft with the tentative plan being the Boeing space craft tested first followed by the SpaceX craft. This is highly tentative as Boeing’s space craft suffered a failure of it’s unmanned test that is required before the manned test. In fact, Boeing’s CST is actually behind schedule on testing. Both have contracts for beyond the tests and seeing as Boeing’s first manned flight is delayed until 2019 the Dragon will most likely be bumped up ahead of the CTS and any further delays will see more contracts given to SpaceX.

I know what the dragon is, but what is the CST-100 Starliner? I have never heard of that.

That’s Boeing’s aircraft

Got it. Thanks. I didn’t realize Boeing had designed their own ship.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.