Nametag

Hi all! I know this might be an irrelevant topic for everyone but what does “IFC” mean? I see a lot of pilots using their name tags with “IF” I know that means infinite flight but the other “C” I don’t know. IFATC I think is for ATC controllers

Thank you in advance for your help guys👍🏻

Infinite Flight Community. Some users put their community name in the game so other users can find and contact them easier on the community forum.

3 Likes

Thank you mate. Do we need to have like a special permission to use those tags or is it just free to use how we want ?

3 Likes

No, you can just type it in the display name box. There is no regulation on that. Just don’t go around with something like IFATC in your name if your are not part of the IFATC Organization.

1 Like

Yes I know about the IFATC. Thank you for the help brother.

1 Like

Here’s a tip if you’re planning to put “IFC” in your display name,

Try to make sure that your display name matches your IFC username. If I were to put “IFC TaipeiGuru”, it would be easy for me to be located here on the forum. However, if your display name is drastically different, people will assume that you’re on IFC, and then will get confused when they can’t find you due to a major difference between IFC and IF usernames.

2 Likes

I was wondering since IFC isn’t a VA nor VO🧐 Good to know

2 Likes

Yeah, I put it in my display name so it’s easier for people to identify me in group flights. The IFC can also confirm people thinking “hey… have I seen that guy on the forum somewhere?”.

2 Likes

Thank you brother. Now I know. 👍🏻

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.