Name this plane!

Anybody want to give a go at guessing this plane? Use spoilers for your answer if you want.

1 Like

crash

5 Likes

Ha… nope.

Beechcraft starship

1 Like

Request here Beechcraft Starship

2 Likes

Beechcraft Starship :) I love the backward engines

2 Likes

Piaggio Avanti

I believe its the P.180 to be specific :)

Never saw that post! Great airplane as far as comfort and lack of noise. Range was horrible due to the FAA regs on the new composite design. Fun to ride in though.

1 Like

Me too. It had a very distinct sound too.

Have you ridden in one?

Yes. Actually worked at Beechcraft during the manufacture of the plane. Rode from Wichita to Little Rock and Wichita to Tampa a lot on the Starship. The Wichita to Tampa flight was fun, because it was always running on fumes by the time we made Tampa.

1 Like

Insanely jealous of that xD I’ve always wanted to just see one of these things in real life. I wish they sold better than they did

1 Like

The regulations made the weight continue to increase, therefore the range would decrease. The engines couldn’t be upgraded to larger without increasing weight as well. The design was cutting edge at the time with the composite fiber body, so the regulations were very tight. Beech ended up only making 53 and then scraping the project.

1 Like

Such a sad story. I really enjoy these different designs. It’s such a refresher from the tube liners of the era. Beechcraft with the Starship and basically everything Burt Rutan has come up with are simply stunning aircraft

1 Like

I know this topic isn’t a feature request, but want this plane. I need this plane. Right. Now.

3 Likes

Lol see my feature request

1 Like

The plane you mentioned has a tail, so it could not be the plane in the picture.🤔

2 Likes

Is it this?

why did you look here cheater ;)

It’s what Emil said above

1 Like

What about ER-180 turboprop?

No. It’s a Beechcraft Starship. The 180 has a tail.image

1 Like