N24320 | ITO-BSF | Xcub

Hey IFC!
Right after I finished my flight from Seattle to Los Angeles, I jumped west to Hawai’i because it was featured! It doesn’t come often but when Hawai’i is featured, it is awesome and gets a ton of traffic, although I generally try to avoid by focusing on the Hawaiian island’s incredible GA. Hawaii is also really interesting to me, and always seems like it would be so beautiful in person. Let’s jump in.
Server: Expert

Callsign: N24320
The photos are ready!
Takeoff from runway 8

Left turn towards the volcanoes

Climbing up towards Mauna Kea

Mauna Loa way down there

I’m actually learning amount plate tectonics and hot spots in science right now so this is pretty cool.

Hawaiian 767 flying over the same pass as me to get from Kona to Hilo

Dropping down into the AFB

Final 27

Parked at the beautiful airport way up in the volcanoes.

I hope y’all enjoyed!

11 Likes

👀 👀

Nice photos!

1 Like

Amazing pics, the first one is really cool with the Southwest in the back round!

Wish I could fly one without crashing 🤣

3 Likes

Cool!! Love the Southwest and TBM in the first one. The scenery is pretty cool! Love that cockpit though!

1 Like

What was he doing 😂, too lazy to fly around the island properly?

Love the shots though, the big island is almost Martian, and truly spectacular

1 Like

Nice pictures! This is my personal favorite right here😍

1 Like

Hawaiian 767 flying Kona to Hilo = Realism 0️⃣
Cargo flights irl fly around the island actually on this route.

And nice photos! When I was on the Big Island in July, it was really cool how the middle of the island was a desert. In IF it may seem weird that Hawaii is brown like that, but it actually is because if the dried lava.

These are both from the Big Island (courtesy of my Instagram archive 😂)

When we drove by the airbase that you landed at it was pretty cool. The temperature was only in the 60s because of how it is on the side of Mauna Kea. There were a few smaller military aircraft, but nothing interesting.

Sorry to bore you with my stories lol

1 Like