N1DG Instrument Flight Training Tracking thread.

I see you didn’t get the plane you wanted. Are you still flying out of KOCK?

Decided to change it up a bit. KORK was the original plan but decided to train out of KLIT. just for better availability and more resources, if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Makes plenty of sense, so, since youre doing multi, comm and IR, do you have to get separate IR for a SEL and MEL or once you are IR and can fly both SEL and MEL the IR is good for both?

Also what’s your TT?

Ill have too get each seperate but thats no big deal with the time i have. I meet all but a few requirements for both IR and Commercial. TT is about 255 hours

He was asking if you have to get an IR rating for both SEL and MEL. Which you do not. It’s also more beneficial if that’s the way you are doing it to do the SEL commercial checkride, and IR checkride at the same time. Instead of a PPL IR add on then a CPL.

Planning on doing both IR and Com checkride at the same time, if they will let us do that. Would absolutely make the most sense though to me.

2 Likes

So with the comm,do you have to get that separate for single and multi or you only get the comm once as well and it just gets added on when you get your multi?

You get your comm as an ASEL then have a separate MEL comm checkride

1 Like

The SEL and MEL- Commercial Are too different rides

1 Like

Ok that clears that up. I’ve got to get started on my training. I get on APC and JC and they all have 100 ways of how they did what and what’s fastest/most econ.

Looking forward to more of your updates, sorry to somewhat derail the thread.

All good. I know where im doing it its not too expensive, ill be happy to answer most any questions

1 Like

@N1RG and @N1DG answered it. The reason you don’t have to do the IR for both is because the IR is just proficiency reading your instruments, procedures, enroute charts, and regs. Since they are the same no matter the aircraft type that is transferable. The SEL and MEL need separate checkrides as you are tested on specific maneuvers in that aircraft category.

4 Likes

Booked my first Insturment Lesson for Friday 4/20/18. Time for the fun to begin

2 Likes

Upadate 1.4- Logged my first hour of insturment time with a CFI-I. Shot an ILS approach into KSUZ and than went back to Little Rock after being vectored for traffic, we flew right over the top of an E-145.
Both of us recieved high marks for our flying and the instructor was impressed with us.

2 Likes

Our flight being tracked on flightaware!

3 Likes

How did the ILS go? Was it easy or hard in your opinion?

I didnt think it was too bad. Ive done ILS before with a buddy of mine. Added challenge was that i was learning a new airplane, new instructor and new airport with it being bumpy and hot.

2 Likes

Lesson number 2 is booked. flying N739NP and probably filing IFR for the first time as well on friday

4 Likes

Flying N739NP at 2pm central if anyone wants to track me

1 Like

It’s time you fly something faster.