My World Tour Vietnam Airlines South Africa to Hong Kong

My world tour continues in my Vietnam Airlines Boeing 787-9. I have just finished a 13hour 40 minute flight from Cape Town across the Indian Ocean the Bay of Bengal into South East Asia. I have captured my morning take off and dawn landings and I hope you enjoy getting a little glimpse into the experience of that flight.
Details
Aircraft-Boeing 787-9
Engine type- 2X General Electric GEnx. Based on proven GE90 architecture, the GEnx engine offers up to 15% improved fuel efficiency and 15% less CO2 compared to GE’s CF6 engine. The GEnx engine represents a giant leap forward in propulsion technology, using the latest materials and design processes to reduce weight, improve performance and deliver a more fuel-efficient commercial aircraft engine.Key to GEnx engine’s performance are its high pressure compressor, lean-burning combustor and lightweight durable composite materials, including the world’s first composite fan case and fan blades for commercial aircraft.

Flight details
Server Expert
Flight duration 13hours 40 minutes
Departure FACT RWY 01
Arrival VHHH RWY 25L
Photos include
Fast rolling departure my favourite !
Rotate with Spingbok in the background
Positive rate gear up
Turning base @ 210kts
Early morning arrival 25L Warm sunny morning Hong Kong.

15 Likes

Nice! the last pick looks like you did a smooth landing!

1 Like

Nice photos gotta say they are not over edited, as they are just right. 👌 my favorite photo was the 3rd one.

1 Like

Yes it was I am getting the hang of it now. Thanks for the comment 🙏🏼

1 Like

Yep I hear that it was a nice angle . Thanks for the comment. 👍

No problem your doing great at landing!

1 Like

Meanwhile mine make the wheels go through the ground

2 Likes

I know those landings too 🙈

Funny that you say that😂 I just recently finished a flight with easy jet at LFPG and oh my damn was it a bad landing😂 cuz first I descended late which when I was approaching my speed was high so I did a go around after I made the go around I landed and the next thing I know I was on the gate already sooo I’m not good at landings either😂

Very nice :)

1 Like

Yeah I have been learning that timing the top of decent makes for everything to be sweet on approach and landing. I am starting descents at 200 miles when at 41000 and it’s making a world of difference to flying. I only fly my 7879. Hey good luck see you in the skies!

That’s a nice idea! And thank you!

1 Like