My VA suggestions

I suggest a halt to all VA creations. We have so many VAs and people continue to create more and more. VAs are dying left and right as well. I suggest we…

1. place a halt to all creation of VAs especially with them not getting enough members and dying all over the place.
  2. create a system for keeping up with them.(maybe a board of the top VAs, create a thread and the owner of a new VA would apply for recognition which would get them on the Database. Consisting of a few things. (Minimum number of members, VA activity and if they have a webpage) They meet all 3, the board passes them. This is an example.
  3. I was thinking of creating a list of the owners of the VAs. The 1st of the month or every 2 weeks, roll call with the owners to determine VA activity or if the VA is closing and will need to be removed from the database.
16 Likes

I agree. I’m not creating my King Airlines VA anymore. I’ll keep it to myself.

1 Like

whats so bad with flying for an already established VA?

3 Likes

Eh. I don’t like giving away personal deatails when signing up. Plus I want to be independent :-)

1 Like

Nice thinking, however people should be given a chance to make one.

1 Like

im not saying to not give them a chance to make one. I am asking for a temporary cease and desist until the proper system is in place to keep track of what is going on in the VA world.

2 Likes

Oh, okay. I support this then. :)

1 Like

I agree with this. We really need more order for all of the VA’s.

2 Likes

I’m making one but not releasing til global. I am butting quite a bit of effort into it. I agree with the roll call idea.

I’d like a bit more knowledge before I approve this. For example how many is a minimum amount? 5? And how long is active? Every day? So good idea just maybe a bit more details when you have the chance. Otherwise I think it’s a great idea.

1 Like

its just a suggestion. details are not worked out yet but its something I wanted to work on with Carson and see what he thought. There is nothing anywhere near set in stone.

1 Like

I don’t mind the VAs that die out as it just means there bad. And you saying not many VAs have lots of people, I think a good va would have lots of pilots and bad won’t have

1 Like

Think it’s a good idea to bring a bit of order to the world of VAs. Every day see a host of new VAs, claiming they are the best and biggest!

Am not sure what guidelines would need to be in place? Perhaps have people start off with only one type of aircraft and one hub and develop routes from there before expanding?

Trouble being how can these be regulated apart from stopping peopl posting them on the forum?

2 Likes

I’m pretty new here but I totally 100% agree, I know exactly what you mean!

1 Like

I could help out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.