My Trip To & From JFK

Last week during my Winter Break (my school calls it Ski Week), my family decided to hit up the big apple, and this is the aviation side of it. Also, I apologize for any low-quality photos, these were all taken on my phone as I am scrambling to find a good camera to
use.

The Southwest gates in LAX

Some whales spotted as I’m sitting in the gate (really sorry for quality)

I will be flying on a jetBlue A321 equipped with FlyFi and Mint & Even More Space seats, which my family graciously didn’t do, but rest assured we will buy some of those seats sometime in the future

The view from my seat as I sit down, I actually got to sit in the cockpit in the captain’s seat before and asked the pilots a few questions! But I cannot post those photos due to privacy.

A bit after takeoff, those clouds are fascinating!

I didn’t know this before, but jetBlue actually has a channel you can listen to that has the ATC! Unfortunately, it didn’t work in my flights.

My aircraft in Flightradar24, it was cool to track myself!
As we descend into NYC, I can see Manhattan in all of it’s lit-up glory with Times Square & skyscrapers
Landing! (Sorry for the reflection)
Pulling into Terminal 5 at JFK
A jetBlue engine on display in T5 and the future TWA Hotel

Now for the return flight ;)

LaGuardia Tower as I head to JFK
Ah, what a sight to see!
Some aircraft I saw as I entered the terminal.
The same type of aircraft taking me home, a jetBlue A321

Man, it was raining out there! But I managed to snag this cool photo, even if the rain blocked me from taking more pictures ;(

I didn’t take any pics to or at LAX cause I fell asleep,
I’m sorry! Gotta get the Z’s somehow. But that’s my trip! What do you guys think? I’m really sorry again for the bad quality, I’m desprealy searching for a good camera to use on these trips!

37 Likes

Love the pictures I hope you enjoyed yourself and those are just beautiful, I don’t see any bad quality in this

1 Like

That’s right. ;)

10 Likes

Hope you had a good time in my home city.

1 Like

Nice pictures! I love the 321’s and everything about them, the mood lighting, amenities, cool crew etc. ;)

2 Likes

I went to JFK from San Francisco with a JetBlue A320. It was definitely an above-average flight!

1 Like

Very nice pictures. Looks like it was a good flight

2 Likes

You know exactly why I chose that pic 😆

1 Like

Thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed the photos, I just hate how my phone doesn’t do the best at night, sometimes it comes out grainy.

1 Like

Yes, the lighting was fantastic! I hope to see it again someday.

Most cameras willl show some grain (or “noise”) in nighttime so no matter if you buy a high-end DSLR or use your iPhone you will still get some noise.

2 Likes

nice photos! wish we could fly these jetblue a321’s on IF ;)

1 Like

That’s cool that you can listen to ATC. Do you know if it’s for the actual flight or just nearby aircraft?

1 Like

It’s for the actual flight, if you select “Sirius XM” on jetBlue’s home screen then there will be an option in the genres of music for ATC, click on that and you will see (flight number) ATC, and once you press on it you should hear it!

1 Like

Thanks for the input! I’m beginning photography so I’m still learning the twists and turns ;)

I promise you it’s a hobby you’ll love. Match it with planespotting and you got a really fun thing to do when you have free time ;)

2 Likes

Agreed. Simple, cool, fun, etc. :)

2 Likes

Glad to hear! I intend to do planespotting photography very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.